Different Home Button on iPhone 6, what about yours?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I've seen several home button questions but I think mine is a little different. Can anyone confirm for me if, by slightly pressing (very slightly) on your home button, if it will move up and down? So, basically, you rest your digit on the button and press, or repeatedly press, slightly but not hard enough to activate anything with it.

There is an ever so slight wiggle or movement to mine. The fact that I don't know if it should be there or not is driving me nuts. Apple is a ways away so I'm not wanting to trek over this unless I might have a defect (that could lead to an actual problem down the road).

Bro-row

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Different Home Button Question

My 5s did that EXACT same thing. At first it drove me crazy, eventually not so much (only because I knew I was trading it in). I ended up trading it in on a 6, but would have asked for another phone had I not. I do not live near an Apple Store at all, not even close. So I typically have them send me a phone in the mail and I return mine when I receive it. Also, I have absolutely no movement in my current iPhone 6 home button.

Last edited:

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Different Home Button Question

Honestly I really can't tell because my finger just slides around.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Tried pressing on mine (iPhone 6) and no play without having it actually click down. Sorry dude, not noticing what you're describing.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

Very tight here no movement. It's funny I've always had that issue on previous iphones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate you trying for me. Not sure what I'll do. I'm within 14 days on this phone, yet it so minimal that I almost don't want to walk into the Apple Store over it.

Edit: After messing with four co-workers phones here at work and not being able to replicate it, I am definitely scheduling a genius bar appointment. Otherwise I will kick myself down the road if it becomes an actual problem.

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

No movement at all my iPhone 6. There is a bit of horizontal movement on the "old style" home button of my iPhone 5.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Good idea, Finn. Even if it turns out to be nothing, you are covering your bases and preventing what could be a future issue. Plus, if something I paid a good chunk of change on is not satisfying me 100%, I would definitely bring it back so I can rest a little easier.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate you trying for me. Not sure what I'll do. I'm within 14 days on this phone, yet it so minimal that I almost don't want to walk into the Apple Store over it.

Edit: After messing with four co-workers phones here at work and not being able to replicate it, I am definitely scheduling a genius bar appointment. Otherwise I will kick myself down the road if it becomes an actual problem.

Good idea. Better to take care of it now.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

No movement in the home button of my iPhone 6. If I was in your position i would take it to the Apple store.

K Nife

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I've seen several home button questions but I think mine is a little different. Can anyone confirm for me if, by slightly pressing (very slightly) on your home button, if it will move up and down? So, basically, you rest your digit on the button and press, or repeatedly press, slightly but not hard enough to activate anything with it.

There is an ever so slight wiggle or movement to mine. The fact that I don't know if it should be there or not is driving me nuts. Apple is a ways away so I'm not wanting to trek over this unless I might have a defect (that could lead to an actual problem down the road).

My 6 had that issue as well. Like instead of one fluid press, it would feel like it would push down and then push down again further right? I actually tried something I saw on a YouTube video and it seems to be fixed: Power your phone off. Take a q-tip and soak it in alcohol. Rub your home button firmly in circles pressing down making it click. Basically cleaning it. Mine seems to work normally without the annoying double click. Hopefully this isn't just a temporary fix.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR