Gmail font question

nickf126

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I use the Gmail app on my 6. Sometimes the font is so small that it is barely readable. Sometimes it is OK. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.
I have made all of the fonts bigger on my phone, but I cannot find a place to make the fonts bigger in Gmail. I would like it to at least be consistent. Any ideas?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
As far as I can tell there is no way to make the font larger on the gmail app. I just use the Apple mail app which coinsides with my iPhone font settings. Maybe someone else will chime in that knows how to make the gmail app font larger....Good Luck

Last edited:

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
You cannot make the fonts larger unless you change the global settings on the iPhone.

Firstly, Google decided not to support push on the iPhones so that people move to their app and now this font issue (after taking so long to optimize to the new devices).

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
This is an issues on Googles end. The gmail app renders the desktop email version which makes the font unreadable on small screens instead of rendering the mobile email version like mail.app does.

They also put the emails in "cards" so you have that grey border around the message which also make the email smaller. I really like the design of the gmail app but its useless sometimes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73