iPhone 6 Apple Leather Case

FriscoKid23

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I've decided to purchase an Apple Leather Case for my iPhone 6. Trying to decide on a color. Any suggestions for the Space Grey model? Leaning towards the Product Red, but it seems like that color may not hold up well based on what I've read here.

Thx!!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. I think the red one might get dirtier. I would go with the black. It's your choice you have to live with it. Enjoy your iPhone 6!

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I've decided to purchase an Apple Leather Case for my iPhone 6. Trying to decide on a color. Any suggestions for the Space Grey model? Leaning towards the Product Red, but it seems like that color may not hold up well based on what I've read here.

Thx!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412729759.444630.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412729774.012738.jpg

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Red will get discolor very quickly like all the light colors. I recommend the Midnight Blue or Black if your worried about the discoloration. I have the midnight blue and I really love it

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Yeah but with the new leather cases, it's more durable and didn't get as dirty as before

I have a friend who picked the red case for his "5s" while I chose the black one. Within a few weeks his had dark patches where the oil from his skin had attracted dirt to the case & dis colored it...and while my black one undoubtably did the same, it didn't show. My friend tried to call the discoloration "patina"...but it was really ugly.

The red case does look great with the space gray iPhone 6, and I hope you're right about improved durability, but I got the black one again from experience.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site

Thx!!

Welcome to the iMore forums.

Quick recommendation - scan the front page before you post a new thread. There is already an Apple Leather Case thread. It will help you get the right answers fast. If you have specific questions regarding the case I would change the title.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend who picked the red case for his "5s" while I chose the black one. Within a few weeks his had dark patches where the oil from his skin had attracted dirt to the case & dis colored it...and while my black one undoubtably did the same, it didn't show. My friend tried to call the discoloration "patina"...but it was really ugly.

The red case does look great with the space gray iPhone 6, and I hope you're right about improved durability, but I got the black one again from experience.

Yeah I don't blame you. I was kinda sceptical about getting the red one, but I'm happy with my purchase. I'm thinking of buying the black leather case. It looks promising.

FriscoKid23

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all of the replies! Went to the Apple Store and they had a few of the cases out on the counter so I tried them on the phone. The red case looked awesome!! However, I ended up choosing the midnight blue (they didn't have black). I think a dark color will hold up best. Looks pretty sharp. Fingers crossed! Thanks again!

insman1

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I got the back one and it looks good. Almost like Darth Vaderphone. It's a quality case, not bulky at all, and looks great.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

Thx!!

I got the red one, and it's been holding up really well

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all of the replies! Went to the Apple Store and they had a few of the cases out on the counter so I tried them on the phone. The red case looked awesome!! However, I ended up choosing the midnight blue (they didn't have black). I think a dark color will hold up best. Looks pretty sharp. Fingers crossed! Thanks again!

I picked the midnight blue over the Black because I had the black with the iPhone 5, and I also agree that dark colors hold up better than light colors.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234