Had to take back my iPhone 6!

Bill Houlis

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. Let me preface this by saying I am a virgin to the forum and glad this exists to share thoughts, et. al. I have a prepaid account with AT&T which I am happy with and last year bought a 5S unlocked from the Apple store. Everything was peachy.

Well, I decided to take an early plunge (usually I wait until the next iteration of after a whole #) and get a IP6. Saturday, I went to the same Apple store bought a gold 128GB model and set everything up in the store. Grand. Life couldn't be better.

I get to my car and tried to pair the phone. The phone wouldn't stay paired when I turned off either the phone, or the car. I thought this was odd. Maybe I did something wrong in pairing it. I tried to see if I could get some information from the internet via cell data, and low and behold, no cell data, either. No LTE. Just 4 G and no internet connectivity.

Yesterday, I took the phone to AT&T to provision a new sim and see if that would work. It didn't. And I tried to see if I could get the BT working, too. I checked the car manual to see if I was pairing right and I was. So....to say the least, I was very disappointed because I was dying for a bigger screen!

I ended up taking the phone back and restoring the 5S to glory. I am bummed! :(

Has anyone else encountered these issues with the IP6?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth connectivity is a known issue thought it was iOS 8 more than the hardware but could be wrong (is your 5S running 8.1?) ... Perhaps you just got s defective unit which Apple should exchange based on your issues. For me my Bluetooth is working fine in a Buick rental car I have but does not function properly in my 2014 escape (Microsoft Sync) I'm sure a software update will solve it.

MzDee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. Let me preface this by saying I am a virgin to the forum and glad this exists to share thoughts, et. al. I have a prepaid account with AT&T which I am happy with and last year bought a 5S unlocked from the Apple store. Everything was peachy.

Well, I decided to take an early plunge (usually I wait until the next iteration of after a whole #) and get a IP6. Saturday, I went to the same Apple store bought a gold 128GB model and set everything up in the store. Grand. Life couldn't be better.

I get to my car and tried to pair the phone. The phone wouldn't stay paired when I turned off either the phone, or the car. I thought this was odd. Maybe I did something wrong in pairing it. I tried to see if I could get some information from the internet via cell data, and low and behold, no cell data, either. No LTE. Just 4 G and no internet connectivity.

Yesterday, I took the phone to AT&T to provision a new sim and see if that would work. It didn't. And I tried to see if I could get the BT working, too. I checked the car manual to see if I was pairing right and I was. So....to say the least, I was very disappointed because I was dying for a bigger screen!

Are you with go phone?

Marcus Vasquez

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Haven't tried Bluetooth yet hopefully you will get it to work. I do not trust over the air updates so I just restore over the computer

Rayy42

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Pairs well with my 2014 Toyota Camry. It's a software issue so it will take time for Apple to workout the bugs. Don't lose hope!

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Should of exchanged it buddy... And when i first got my iPhone 6 it didnt connect to lte or 4g i had to restore my backup for that to work...

hurts

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Could it have been 8.0.1 booting from the box? 8.0.1 is known to have broken cellular connectivity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone 6 BT, iOS 8 and iOS 8.0.2, works great with my 2014 Honda Accord. My iPhone 5S with 8.0 also worked great. I didn't download iOS 8.0.1.

I had saw it was released but by the time I got home from work it had been pulled.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I think you had a lemon and should have at least tried to exchange it and see if the new one worked, if not then yeah it is just the phones and going back to the 5s is what you needed to do. Not to mention hopefully in 8.1 they fix any bluetooth issues people are having.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
And my Bluetooth connects to my sony radio perfectly also ford sync

I have a 2013 Focus with the ford sync and my iPhone 6 pairs right away. However, when I receive a call, it displays my phone number, not the caller and I cannot answer through sync. When I place a call, it connects and goes through for about 5 seconds, the the sync display indicates that the call ended, but if I select the phone option on the handset, the call is still in process.

I have deleted all phones associated to the sync system, reset networks on my phone, re-synced with the car's sync system and still no luck.

Does this sound like a problem with the phone or Sync?

Thanks in advance for ANY advise!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The OP came in with guns a-blazin and like a thief in the night...gone.

Sounds like everyone else for the most part are pairing successfully so that's a good thing.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2013 Focus with the ford sync and my iPhone 6 pairs right away. However, when I receive a call, it displays my phone number, not the caller and I cannot answer through sync. When I place a call, it connects and goes through for about 5 seconds, the the sync display indicates that the call ended, but if I select the phone option on the handset, the call is still in process.

I have deleted all phones associated to the sync system, reset networks on my phone, re-synced with the car's sync system and still no luck.

Does this sound like a problem with the phone or Sync?

Thanks in advance for ANY advise!

Did you download the contacts from your phone to the ford sync when you first paired it?