Verizon Glass vs Zagg Glass Screen Protectors

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to get some feedback. I had a Zagg Glass on my iPhone 5S and loved it. When I got my iPhone 6 I had to pick up one of their glass screen protectors (it was only $15 and I wanted something immediately on the screen). I hated the Verizon screen protector but knew it was only temporary while I waited for my Zagg. Now that the Zagg has arrived I kind of like the Verizon screen protector. Not sure if there's any real reason to switch them out. Is the quality of the Zagg better? Thinner? Just trying to see if anyone else has a similar situation.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The zagg is better quality, but if I were you and I liked the Verizon, I would return the zagg or save if incase the Verizon one breaks. The Verizon ones isn't terribly durable.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The zagg is better quality, but if I were you and I liked the Verizon, I would return the zagg or save if incase the Verizon one breaks. The Verizon ones isn't terribly durable.

Thanks for the input! I think I'm going to keep the Verizon screen protector one for another couple weeks and then upgrade to the Zagg.

Plus the fit of the Verizon one is a little off. It bubbles at the top because of the rounded edges.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input! I think I'm going to keep the Verizon screen protector one for another couple weeks and then upgrade to the Zagg.

Plus the fit of the Verizon one is a little off. It bubbles at the top because of the rounded edges.

The zagg may not be any different. It was like that for me when I tried the zagg. I also had one on my 5s and it was perfect, but tried the zagg glass and because of the curved screen it didn't stick around the perimeter...particularly the top and bottom. I've read other people say theirs is fine but I also talked to a guy at the AT&T store who said his was perfect...but when I looked at his phone it had the same areas at the top and bottom that weren't sticking. I guess some people have different perceptions of "perfect" lol

I ended up going with a traditional zagg hd and it's been perfectly fine for me.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The zagg may not be any different. It was like that for me when I tried the zagg. I also had one on my 5s and it was perfect, but tried the zagg glass and because of the curved screen it didn't stick around the perimeter...particularly the top and bottom. I've read other people say theirs is fine but I also talked to a guy at the AT&T store who said his was perfect...but when I looked at his phone it had the same areas at the top and bottom that weren't sticking. I guess some people have different perceptions of "perfect" lol

I ended up going with a traditional zagg hd and it's been perfectly fine for me.

Hmmmm thanks for the input!! I'll give it a go in the next week or so (I'm actually in a wedding next weekend so maybe I'll switch it after that). I'll give the Zagg Glass a run for awhile and see that I think. I'm pretty sure I can get a replacement HD or HDX fit just the price of shipping from Zagg.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm thanks for the input!! I'll give it a go in the next week or so (I'm actually in a wedding next weekend so maybe I'll switch it after that). I'll give the Zagg Glass a run for awhile and see that I think. I'm pretty sure I can get a replacement HD or HDX fit just the price of shipping from Zagg.

I will say that depending on the color of your phone it won't be as noticeable should thee be a problem. Mine is space gray so of course it shoes every...little...detail lol

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I will say that depending on the color of your phone it won't be as noticeable should thee be a problem. Mine is space gray so of course it shoes every...little...detail lol

That never even crossed my mind. I have had black iPhones for the last 4 years (4, 4S, 5 & 5S). I finally took the plunge and got a white/silver this time around. It definitely hides the imperfections better than the black version. Not sure what I'll go for next year but I'm digging the white!!

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
That never even crossed my mind. I have had black iPhones for the last 4 years (4, 4S, 5 & 5S). I finally took the plunge and got a white/silver this time around. It definitely hides the imperfections better than the black version. Not sure what I'll go for next year but I'm digging the white!!

I had a silver/white 5s with the zagg glass...got the space gray this time and sometimes I like it better but overall I'd rather have the silver/white version

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I had a silver/white 5s with the zagg glass...got the space gray this time and sometimes I like it better but overall I'd rather have the silver/white version

I almost took the plunge for white with my 5S and couldn't pull the trigger. I think I like it also better than the black. I also had a tough time with cases. I usually like a plain black case but the black phone with a black case is a lot of black. The white phone with a black case is a nice combo!

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

My Zagg Glass lays perfectly flat on my iPhone 6, so it is possible to do.

P.S. In the second picture, the upper right side looks a little funky, but it's just the reflection from the ceiling fan, not a bubble.

20141002_215207_zpsz1fvr5lt.jpg

20141005_214254_zpsuvjxepdr.jpg

I do know what you're talking about when it doesn't lay flat on curved glass, though, because that's exactly what happened with my Galaxy S5.

IMG_0296_zpsfc0040ef.jpg

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the pictures Jake! I don't think I realized the Zagg Glass has a U shape at the top. My Verizon glass is all one piece except for a cut out around the speaker.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Does the Verizon one actually cover the whole screen? Because the Zagg doesn't and it's absolutely disgusting that something that expensive leaves so much exposed.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Does the Verizon one actually cover the whole screen? Because the Zagg doesn't and it's absolutely disgusting that something that expensive leaves so much exposed.

There's s slight gap at the bottom of the screen. All that's open at the top is the speaker - the forward facing camera is covered by glass (which I'm not crazy about). The only really great thing about the Verizon SP is that it truly is anti-fingerprint. They either don't appear or are easily wiped away.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

I definitely agree with you. I understand that it's case friendly, but there's still too much of the screen exposed. Mine even has air bubbles in it now...after less than 3 weeks with the phone.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I just peeled off my verizon one. It was getting air bubbles and dust started going under it. It would be a good protector overall if it covered more of the screen.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I just peeled off my verizon one. It was getting air bubbles and dust started going under it. It would be a good protector overall if it covered more of the screen.

I just switched cases and there's a bunch of lint under mine too. I think I'm going to switch this out with my Zagg over the weekend.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I still don't understand how people somehow expect these screen protectors to "cover more of the screen" when the edges of these screens are curved. Flat doesn't stick to curved...never has, never will.

I've read these statements countless times...here as well as in many reviews for various screen protectors on sites like Amazon for example. I had this same issue with the Galaxy s3...the curved edges caused the edges of the screen protector to not stick unless the screen protector was cut small enough so that in only lays on the FLAT part of the screen.

That's just how it is folks, I don't understand what you expect these companies to do ya know?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm using the ZAGG Glass on my space gray 6, and although it took FIVE installations to get it perfectly aligned so the edges of the glass didn't protrude over the curved bezel of the screen...I'm pretty happy with my first glass screen protector. With the curved screen, it is imperative the glass fits perfectly or the edges have nothing to adhere to & it looks funky.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro