Usage/standby iphone 6

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It's more common then you think just my Apple Store alone has had many and not everyone comes on forums as a matter a fact I more has hardly any visitors when compared to the total number sold. I guess I just have no reason to not believe it because the guy was able to describe the problem before I even finished telling him :)

Again, not to belabor the point, but there are plenty of us here with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus who have not experienced this issue a single time. That’s all I’m saying.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Eh I restored it to new and installed nothing and it still did it.. If the patch doesn't fix it I'll get a new one. Also just because there is a software bug doesn't mean it effects every phone either think what you want I'm just passing the information..

qisdtech

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
What I've noticed is the bug is gone after a reset and setup as new as long as you don't power down the phone and restart it. Then it seems to return. Just my 2 cents. It seems to be more than just a glitch in the counter as the battery drain is about 1-2% more per hour than normal.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
It was explained as a glitch with the new chip the iPhone 6 and 6 plus both have a new diagnostics chip that previous devices don't have. It's supposed to be fixed in the next patch and they also asked if a engineer can contact me and I agreed so I may have more information soon

Also It is confirmed that it's the chip that stays running because of a glitch in the os. Which also is known to decrease battery life it's not just a glitch in the counter

Last edited:

Jeff Wolford

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I have been having the exact same issue. The problem IS Voxer. My phone sleeps properly (usage/standby) times are different until I open the Voxer app. Even if I kill the app after use, the problem persists. I actually have to reboot my phone to get it back to sleeping properly. For whatever reason the second you open Voxer, it will force your phone to stay awake until you either power cycle it, or reset it. I narrowed this down thru extensive individual tests on apps and my phone in general (multiple restores both as new, thru icloud, iTunes, etc) I have reached out to Voxer's support team, but got a ridiculous response that didn't help in the slightest. Has anyone else had any success at all in fixing this issue? I am using an iPhone 6 with 8.1.2

have24

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
So I know its been over a month since the last post in this thread but thought I would provide some more insight. I was having a similar problem where my usage/standby was reporting the same for my iPhone 6+ running on 8.1.3. I just got this phone and haven't really been overly impressed with battery life so far and found it extremely odd that usage and standby were reporting the same (never had an iPhone before). I looked into it and found on another website that a guy reset his network settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings) and that seemed to work for him. I can confirm that I just did this with my phone and it seems to have fixed the problem for now. I will report back if this doesn't work for the long haul but it is a simpler solution then restoring the device as new.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
So I know its been over a month since the last post in this thread but thought I would provide some more insight. I was having a similar problem where my usage/standby was reporting the same for my iPhone 6+ running on 8.1.3. I just got this phone and haven't really been overly impressed with battery life so far and found it extremely odd that usage and standby were reporting the same (never had an iPhone before). I looked into it and found on another website that a guy reset his network settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings) and that seemed to work for him. I can confirm that I just did this with my phone and it seems to have fixed the problem for now. I will report back if this doesn't work for the long haul but it is a simpler solution then restoring the device as new.

Yes on and off I find by rebooting then charging it works fine resetting network settings did not fully solve the issue

Remy De Leeuw

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
98db2a9ed62590667ccb20b03ff82588.jpg

Sent from my spacey grey 6 

GrandMasterB

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 6+ 8.1.2. I have tried resetting the network settings 3 times now. I've never even heard of Voxer before. I have disabled every location/background/diagnotsic settings. Even tried airplane mode but my usage and standby remain minute for minute the same and my phone tends to get pretty hot and it just destroy my battery stamina.