Do You Like The "Clicky" Home Button?

Which Home Button Do You Prefer?

• Total voters

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Since Touch ID was introduced on the 5S, the home button has produced stiffer feedback than on previous generations. So, simple question: do you like it or do you prefer how it used to be? I'm curious only because while I absolutely love the new button as I believe it feels far more deluxe, the vast majority of people seem to flat-out hate it. Some coming from older iPhones even have such a disdain for it that the phone appears defective to them.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
It feels fine to me, however I wish iPhones would do away with a home completely & replace it with a gesture area like on the Pre 2 & 3.
Though I know this is unlikely, it would definitely be my preference.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Since Touch ID was introduced on the 5S, the home button has produced stiffer feedback than on previous generations. So, simple question: do you like it or do you prefer how it used to be? I'm curious only because while I absolutely love the new button as I believe it feels far more deluxe, the vast majority of people seem to flat-out hate it. Some coming from older iPhones even have such a disdain for it that the phone appears defective to them.

When I first used it on the 5s I was not a fan, but after awhile it grew on me and I like the new version as it also seems to hold up better over time compared to older versions of the home button.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Never noticed it really and now I just pushed it and heard the click haha still doesn't bother me though. Now the sleep button on the side however....I have a few gripes about. I love it and I hate it.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
When I just got the 6 I thought the home button was a lot clicker. However, I think it has broken in now and is less clicky.

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I never had home buttons problems with my 5, 5S and my 6 but with 3G, 3GS, 4, and the first batches of 4S, I change them minimum 5 to 10 times. But my 6 is PERFECT

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Only difference I've noticed is the sexy silver ring. Pressing seems the same as always to me.

I thought I was the only one with an overwhelming affection for the silver ring. I bought the 5S in Space Gray (or Graphite as I called it for as long as I could as that was the rumored color name) partially because I loved the look of the back, but primarily because it was something fresh and new. I loved it but for the past year, I've longed for the beautiful silver ring. So, this time, it was game on and I wasn't leaving that store without a a 6 or 6 Plus with silver ring - so I got it, and so did you! 👏

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
It feels fine to me, however I wish iPhones would do away with a home completely & replace it with a gesture area like on the Pre 2 & 3.
Though I know this is unlikely, it would definitely be my preference.

Nah, I don't think it would work as well without iOS

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I honestly don't care. I came from an i5 and Touch ID is AMAZING! Every single time it recognizes my fingerprint.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Last year it was said the home button on the 5S was crunchy now the 6 is clicky? What will it be next year.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711