iTunes WiFi Sync won't work?

TekNinja81

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I know I saw a post somewhere about this, and the suggested solution was to connect the iPhone to the computer you are WiFi-syncing with.

I've done this, and oddly the iPhone WILL sync over WiFi while *physically-connected* to that computer... and of course sync directly with iTunes over the USB connection. But as soon as I've moved it and plugged into an AC source, it can't see any available iTunes machine on the network.

I have the computer turned on, with newest iTunes running of course, and have both the iPhone and iTunes set to enable WiFi syncing, and signed into the same Apple ID.

Is there something else I might be missing here, or is this just some kind of glitch somewhere? FWIW, my home machine is a custom-built PC. Is WiFi syncing possibly broken on Windows platform?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is one area I don't know much about. Hopefully someone will come along and help you sort this out. I don't do much syncing.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I know I saw a post somewhere about this, and the suggested solution was to connect the iPhone to the computer you are WiFi-syncing with.

I've done this, and oddly the iPhone WILL sync over WiFi while *physically-connected* to that computer... and of course sync directly with iTunes over the USB connection. But as soon as I've moved it and plugged into an AC source, it can't see any available iTunes machine on the network.

I have the computer turned on, with newest iTunes running of course, and have both the iPhone and iTunes set to enable WiFi syncing, and signed into the same Apple ID.

Is there something else I might be missing here, or is this just some kind of glitch somewhere? FWIW, my home machine is a custom-built PC. Is WiFi syncing possibly broken on Windows platform?

I have the same issue for my iPhone 6

Sent from my beautiful iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2