Reading on the iPhone 6

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
So I sold my iPad because I wasn't really using it. I have a MacBook Air and an iPhone 5. Currently the only thing I do that the iPhone 5 I not really meant to do is read my books in the kindle app. Now it works fine and o can increase the font size to a comfortable size and everything is perfect. I wanted an iPhone 6+ so that I can read even more comfortably. That said I also use my phone one handed a lot while at work, I use it run, and having a big unwieldy phone is not ideal.

Here is the question:

How comfortable is it to read on the iPhone 6?

If it is, then I think the 6 not the 6+ would cover most of my needs better.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
So I sold my iPad because I wasn't really using it. I have a MacBook Air and an iPhone 5. Currently the only thing I do that the iPhone 5 I not really meant to do is read my books in the kindle app. Now it works fine and o can increase the font size to a comfortable size and everything is perfect. I wanted an iPhone 6+ so that I can read even more comfortably. That said I also use my phone one handed a lot while at work, I use it run, and having a big unwieldy phone is not ideal.

Here is the question:

How comfortable is it to read on the iPhone 6?

If it is, then I think the 6 not the 6+ would cover most of my needs better.

I love my iPhone 6 to bits but I would not find that it would be comfortable to read a book. The iPhone 6 Plus I think would be a better size, but then you have to see if the size of a device works for you as a daily driver.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I love my iPhone 6 to bits but I would not find that it would be comfortable to read a book. The iPhone 6 Plus I think would be a better size, but then you have to see if the size of a device works for you as a daily driver.

Yeh I might have to get the 6 and a Kindle. Because I truly feel that the 6+ is too big for me. At least the way I use my phone now.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I did 5 => 6 and the Kindle reading is a little better.

Working with an associate who has 6+ reminds me why I chose the 6 because my lifestyle is much more active than his.

Neither new iPhone would replace my Kindle Paper White.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
For me, even with older eyes it's fine if in the KINDLE app I keep the font clear and larger and just have to change pages more often.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply guys. In my neck of woods (Mexico) the phones are coming on November 2nd, so I guess I will have to hold them both in my hands to make the final decision.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site

I love my iPhone 6, but I could not use it to read a book unless under duress (stuck at an airport or a PTA meeting). I would think iPhone 6 plus would be good. Kind of like a small soft bound book. I personally can't go below 8" and enjoy my reading experience. I have a 8" Toshiba Windows tablet and that is the perfect size. My bother loves to us his IPod touch.

A.B.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I am sticking to my good ol' paperbacks - I prefer the smell of paper while reading... keeps me engaged.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73