First time iPhone owner

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
The last time I held an iPhone in my hands was back with the 3G or the 3GS, then started using android since the original Moto Droid and in all honesty just got bored with android after all these years and never liked what windows is doing so back to iOS and really enjoying.

rotorsk8r

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
First time iPhone owner, there were a couple of major things that were stopping me giving it a run. Screen size and a lack of third party keyboards and sharing options. The only negatives have been the back button at the top left and not being able to set an independent volume for the alarm.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
First time iPhone owner, there were a couple of major things that were stopping me giving it a run. Screen size and a lack of third party keyboards and sharing options. The only negatives have been the back button at the top left and not being able to set an independent volume for the alarm.

I'm sure you already know this but just in case, do you know about gestures for going back or forward? Swiping from the left edge of the screen to go back or right edge to go forward.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Very easy transition, both platforms are very equal in there capability’s in my opinion. You’ll find most of the apps you use on Android are on iOS at least for me they were, the Apps on iOS are a little more polished larger developer base I believe. My experience was excellent.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The last time I held an iPhone in my hands was back with the 3G or the 3GS, then started using android since the original Moto Droid and in all honesty just got bored with android after all these years and never liked what windows is doing so back to iOS and really enjoying.

Sounds just like me, thinking about buying cheap windows phone just to play with it. Looks like it's come along way from what it used to be, the time I used it was win mobile on HTC I Magio. Definitely not bored with iOS yet though.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Apps are really what the developers want to put into them. There are some top notch Android apps.

bluirv

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
After using Android for years, I finally went for the iPhone primarily for size issues. I was never impressed with Apple's previous 3-1/2" and 4" phones.

But now when Apple joined "the real world" I thought it was time to go with iPhone.

auau465121

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

Couldn't have said it better myself this is my exact same story 😂😂😂

techmedic79

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been a on and off iPhone user always going back to android. Now with the bigger screen on the 6 I have come back and don't see myself leaving anytime soon. Yes there are things that android can do that a iPhone can't but all of those features I never used. This is just my personal experience.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
First time iPhone owner, but long time iOS user here. I absolutely love this phone, it is much smoother than any Android phone I've used, plus it looks much less "busy" than Android phones. The status bars tend to be clogged with information and icons, which gives it a cluttered look. Here's a big thing I love: No Bloatware! Usually can't find many Android phones without bloatware, so that's a huge plus :)

TekNinja81

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
How did y'all convert y'all contacts over? Still waiting on my 6 plus

If you have your contacts synced to Google, then as soon as you add that account to your iPhone (either for Email, calendars etc) you'll have the option of also importing the contacts.

Mostly went smooth, but for some reason a few contacts didn't port over (very few) and some had slightly jumbled data. I was having issues with my contacts going corrupt on my Android devices though, so that may have contributed.

firemanjoe

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
First time iPhone owner here too. Used Android for years, but first got an iPad, then a MacBook, and decided to get a phone too. I'm very happy with the decision, simply said, it just works. And the battery on my iPhone 6 is great!

nickf126

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I like this subject.
First, thank you to the guy with the swipe right/left tip for going frowa and backward on the internet. Great tip, that I did not know about!
The killer feature on the iPhone is the finger print reader. I LOVE locking my phone knowing that all my data is safe.
The build quality is excellent. I recently went all Mac, so this a natural progression for me. I am not an Apple fanboy, but I am really happy with my choice to switch from Android. Not hating on Android, just happy that Apple has a phone that fufills all my needs.
Cheers!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice