Apple leather iphone 6 case

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Do you think it would be possible to take off and put on the leather case o couple of times, like once a day for example, without being able to spot any wear and tear on the edges?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you think it would be possible to take off and put on the leather case o couple of times, like once a day for example, without being able to spot any wear and tear on the edges?

I have two of them (one brown and one blue) and I swap them out a few times a week. I'm pretty careful when i remove them and put them on and so far haven't seen any wear.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I have two of them (one brown and one blue) and I swap them out a few times a week. I'm pretty careful when i remove them and put them on and so far haven't seen any wear.

Would you mind telling me how you do when you remove them and put them back on?
Im asking about wear because its not like you can just open up the case, and take the phone out. No, you have to kinda snap it out and snap it back in again. And those edges and/or corners snapping in and out would eventually cause some wear. Even if you are careful, you still have to slowly snap it out and in for the case to come on and off.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Would you mind telling me how you do when you remove them and put them back on?
Im asking about wear because its not like you can just open up the case, and take the phone out. No, you have to kinda snap it out and snap it back in again. And those edges and/or corners snapping in and out would eventually cause some wear. Even if you are careful, you still have to slowly snap it out and in for the case to come on and off.

To put them on, I wiggle the top portion of the phone into the case and then push the rest of the case on gently. I think there is a diagram inside of the box that shows that. To remove, I gently pull off the bottom corners and peel the rest of it off. It's not always perfect but that's how I do it.

This is honestly the first time I've had multiple cases for my iPhone. I usually just have one main case and never remove it except to clean the phone every so often. But I liked the leather case so much, i got two of them. I don't know how well these cases will wear over time with constant removal. Someone else may have to comment on that.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! I will try that next time i decide to take it off.

I dont mean the case will wear over time, but the phone (the edges and corners) from snapping the case on and off.
Because like you said, its not always perfect. The only way to be sure the phone wont show wear from case coming on and off, would be if you were able to open the apple leather case and just put the phone in, and close it again.
But they arent designed that way, you will always have to pull and push, snap it on.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! I will try that next time i decide to take it off.

I dont mean the case will wear over time, but the phone (the edges and corners) from snapping the case on and off.
Because like you said, its not always perfect. The only way to be sure the phone wont show wear from case coming on and off, would be if you were able to open the apple leather case and just put the phone in, and close it again.
But they arent designed that way, you will always have to pull and push, snap it on.

The inside of the leather cases are lined with felt so I don't think it'll damage the phone. Some of the cheaper cases would for sure though.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
The reason for the open bottom is due to the thin nature of the plastic used.
Check out the Kate Spade leather case. It covers the bottom just like the Apple leather case for the 5S.
It's the perfect leather case and is priced accordingly at $50.
Unfortunately it has a fatal flaw!
The cutout for the lightning charging connector is offset and you cannot charge the phone with the case on the phone!
I tried looking at them at different Best Buy locations and they are all the same.
A handy person with a Dremel could perhaps fix it but two things come to mind:

This is a premium priced product and one should NOT have to do this to get it function as designed.
And two, opening this cutout will make the plastic part near the edge of the screen dangerously thin and would probably break over a short time.

With an open bottom like Apple has, this issue does not exist. It's not as pretty and could possibly be less protected (however the geometry suggests a drop where the bottom would strike first should keep the edge of the phone off the floor). A rough tar and chip driveway, probably not! Then again drops from waist height to a tar and chip driveway are likely to crack the screen due to contact with a stone anyhow. (this applies to most cases including otter symmetry, speck, tech21, etc.)

Slim cases are just that. Nice to keep a device looking new (no scratches on the back from it sitting on an end table and spinning around when the cat jumps across it, for example). Small drops are usually no problem inside onto carpet/hardwood floors.

Guys working on construction sites, riding dirt bikes, etc. are going to want something far more rugged for sure!

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
True, but the edges of the case are still stiff.

The inside lined with felt would protect the back of the phone, so there wont be any scratches. But the edges of the case are stiff and im thinking they can cause wear on the edges of the phone everytime you snap it in and out.

mistabritt

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been hearing really great reviews on the leather cases for the iPhone 6. I may have to give them a try. Plus the reviews from the 5S leather case were great too.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Love mine fits like a glove, no bulk and feels nice on the hand.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
would it be possible to take off and on the leather case a couple of times, like once a day for example, without being able to spot any wear and tear on the phone edges and sides?

The edges of the case are stiff and im thinking they can cause wear on the edges and sides of the phone everytime you snap it in and out.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
My leather ebay case arrived from china today, so it took roughly two weeks. I love the feel and it's not slippery like the neo hybrid that it's replacing. The only problem I've noticed so far is that sometimes I have to hit the power button twice, I may need to try to reposition the case a little so that it's aligned better but other than that I love it.

How much was it?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I have the apple leather case in blue. I love it! It fits like a glove and it feels nice in my hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
For anyone who has the red leather case, how long have you had it and how is it holding up against wear and tear and dirt. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I've had the red leather case on my iPhone 6 for a little over a month now and it still looks great. However, what I did after about 2 weeks with it on and worrying about how it would wear, get dirty, etc., is I took the case off and sprayed it down with some leather protectant that I had from my Michael Kors purse. It did the trick! I am not seeing any wear and tear on the phone and it looks as perfect as it did the first day I put it on. And the best part is that you can't even tell that you sprayed it with anything. Highly recommended!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen