Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default iPhone 6 Rattle

When I tap on the back of my iphone 6 near the camera region i can hear a distinctive rattling noise. Similar to the noise from the lose power button on the 5 and 5s

Seems like something is loose in that area. The buttons feel solid, so it could be something in the camera assembly.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Is it normal?

Called apple tech support and they suggested to get it checked out at the store. Will be dropping by later tonight.

iPhone 6 Space Grey 64GB

Default Re: iPhone 6 Rattle

Welcome to iMore geetk

Your doing the right thing and getting it checked out. We would be interested in knowing the outcome of your visit to solve your rattle issue

Again Welcome and Post Often
    iMore Intermediate

I tried and it makes a sound too, maybe it's the vibration mechanism.
    ght
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts

It's the camera. Due to the autofocus, there are moving parts inside. Not just the 6; it happened on my 5 and 5S, too. Had it checked out a couple of times, even had phone swapped because it makes a heck of a racket when vibrating on my desk at work. some are worse than others. My wife's 5S hardly makes a sound.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,819 Global Posts

Normal camera mechanism sounds.
    iMore Newbie

I can hear them on my current gen iPod touch. Not on my iPhone 4S though.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

It's camera I've heard same noise on every phone I've ever owned
    iMore Intermediate

No sound on the 6+
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,591 Global Posts

I have had some rattle, but when I push on the flash, the noise gets cut down dramatically, then the camera also cuts the vibration to nothing. Oh well.
    iMore Nanite

My iPhone have the same "problem". I tried in 3 new iPhones 6 and they all make the rattle near the camera.

If I have the iPhone in my desk and I move it to my ear, I can notice the rattle.

When I shake the phone, in silence, the rattle noise is also noticeable.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,218 Global Posts

Just checked, no sound from our iPhone 6 or 6 plus.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    428 Global Posts

There is a plastics flap inside by the sim card tray that is loose and I makes it sound as if the camera module is making noise. I've tested this out in two iPhone 6 devices. And I know that it is because I have taken apart one of the iPhone's to see what it was.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414224011.159182.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	212.7 KB 
ID:	69476
    iMore Nanite

I am having the same issue on my iPhone 6 - Space Grey - 64GB. Its a loose sounding noise in the camera area, verizon said it should not do that and to go to apple. Apple via the phone said it should not do that either so i have an appointment at the apple store tonight to get it checked out.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Just checked my iPhone 6 and I'm not hearing this sound, which is a good thing I hope?
    iMore Nanite

Hi Guys,
    I am having the same problem. Brand new phone not dropped or anything. Rattling while shaking and while tapping the top half of back region of iPhone 6.

I have used all iPhones and this is not normal. Autofocus should make this noise as its digital autofocus not optical, so no moving parts here.
    ITS NOT NORMAL
    iMore Nanite

Hi
    I am having the same problem. Brand new phone not dropped or anything. Rattling while shaking and while tapping the top half of back region of iPhone 6.

I have used all iPhones and this is not normal. Autofocus should make this noise as its digital autofocus not optical, so no moving parts here.
    ITS NOT NORMAL
    Please post the outcome, thanks!
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by geetk View Post
    When I tap on the back of my iphone 6 near the camera region i can hear a distinctive rattling noise. Similar to the noise from the lose power button on the 5 and 5s

Seems like something is loose in that area. The buttons feel solid, so it could be something in the camera assembly.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Is it normal?

Called apple tech support and they suggested to get it checked out at the store. Will be dropping by later tonight.

iPhone 6 Space Grey 64GB
    Hi! We have same problem. I think that rattling noises came from mute button. If you turn that button into mute mode that rattling noises will gone. Try it
    iMore Intermediate

Just shook mine and I hear rattling. Great. So it's not normal and I should take it into Apple?
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,591 Global Posts

Mine has had rattle since day one, and there hasn't been any problems for me with the camera or anything else. I won't take mine in, mostly because it hasn't been an issue and no one else has reported any problems if theirs has rattle. I just assume it is normal, or like someone above said, the loose plastic tabs around the SIM tray that rattle.

Default iPhone 6 Rattle

Considering how many 5s had that rattle, if that's the only issue with the device, I really wouldn't stress it myself. My 5s rattles but it's in perfect working condition with zero bugs or hardware defects. Just keep that in mind as you consider getting a replacement. Is it worth it to risk getting a device with the rattle AND something else defective? Just weigh your options.
    E_Brown likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by deedeebear View Post
    Just shook mine and I hear rattling. Great. So it's not normal and I should take it into Apple?
    Hi ladies!
    Went to 2Apple Stores today and checked. All the iPhone6 make this rattling, iphone 6 plus has little less.
    Asked staff and they weren't aware of this at all. Lol
    I am not worried at all as checked it myself n called a few friends, they all got it.
    It's something in the camera not 'sim' plastic or anything.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,056 Global Posts

I have the exact same rattling issue on my iPhone 6. Right near the camera. Seems like it's not just me
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,591 Global Posts

I have the rattle near the camera as well on my launch day 6. Not a big deal, nothing to worry about
    iMore Newbie

Sigh. If you do hear a rattle, it's a problem. If. Go to the genius bar. What most people consider a rattle is their mute button that of course is gonna make a light tapping sound if you shake the phone, they just don't have the word for it. And if you hear it on every iPhone you've ever owned, well, you're imagining things. In 2 years of managing a Verizon store, I've heard a lot of interesting problems, but I am glad iMore can still show me new things.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Has anyone taken their iPhone back to an Apple Store due to this issue and had it successfully replaced? What was their response?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast