iPhone 6 Rattle

Jyani

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Just shook mine and I hear rattling. Great. So it's not normal and I should take it into Apple?

Hi ladies!
Went to 2Apple Stores today and checked. All the iPhone6 make this rattling, iphone 6 plus has little less.
Asked staff and they weren't aware of this at all. Lol
I am not worried at all as checked it myself n called a few friends, they all got it.
It's something in the camera not 'sim' plastic or anything.
:)

iJedi

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Sigh. If you do hear a rattle, it's a problem. If. Go to the genius bar. What most people consider a rattle is their mute button that of course is gonna make a light tapping sound if you shake the phone, they just don't have the word for it. And if you hear it on every iPhone you've ever owned, well, you're imagining things. In 2 years of managing a Verizon store, I've heard a lot of interesting problems, but I am glad iMore can still show me new things.

Cap_172R

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Many similar threads like this with this "rattle" and it's common in other devices as well... seems to be a mechanism in the camera / autofocus mechanism (lens assembly) --> something along those lines. Definitely not an issue to be worried about as it's common among all devices, android, BB devices etc.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 5 and 5S rattled but it was the lock button. If I shook it and held the button, it wouldn't rattle.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

mbj00

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
I have had this issue since I got my iPhone 6 new, but apart from the rattle, I have had no problems, so I doubt it's anything to worry about. I believe that the 6 has an auto-stabilisation feature, where if you are shaking a bit or whatever when recording, the camera will move a tiny bit to compensate that, and give smooth video. This would suggest that there are moving parts in this region, and could be the cause of the rattle. I think it's perfectly normal, but will vary from model to model

LimonJoe

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
It's the camera module. That's it.
If I tap the back of the phone, there is an evident "rattle" sound. If I hold the camera lens area firmly and tap the same way, there is no "rattle" whatsoever. This has occurred on every mobile device I have ever used and that is quite a lot of mobile devices, from many different manufacturers. As someone else also mentioned.
Don't worry about it, unless the camera stops working correctly.

vijayyadav5478

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I bought iPhone 6s on Friday and I realized some sound is coming near by camera whenever you move my phone , left right, up down, look like something is loose inside.

I called to customer care they advised some setting but no help, then they suggest to go customer case for physical check..

Thanks.

Sonia Tomas

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
So will Apple replace my Iphone6? Did Aplle tell you anything? I just recently bumped into this problem and Apple has been recalled for this.

Dances_With_Clouds

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
It would appear that I too am having the same problem... With my NEW iPhone 7 and to add insult to injury, the replacement phone I had to wait hours for to resolve this matter ALSO has the same problem. Factory defect?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro