Does iPhone 6 has worldwide warranty ??

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I want to buy iPhone 6 Plus unlocked version from US. Just need some clarity, I travel a lot and i will be staying in India for a year. So if the iPhone gives me some problem will I be able to utilise the warranty in Apple, India ?

Please confirm soon, so that I can complete my purchase before leaving from US.

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
You will be available to if there is any official Apple store available in your country. If there is none, You will need to ship it to US or take it there yourself.

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Warranties including Apple's are usually country specific.
Also while I could be wrong, I thought there were no official Apple Stores in India only licensed sellers.

Apple provides world wide warranty for all its products except the iPhone. This is what apple told me when i bought iPhone 4. At that time iPhones were sold in india only on contract basis. Now Apple is here in India and they sell directly. So they should cover it but I want to double check before getting one for myself.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Warranty is valid everywhere but you might have to ship it to Apple somewhere, they don't have local presence. Did you confirm if the authorized reseller will accept the warranty?

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened with me, i bought my iphone 6 from singapore, earlier apple stores told me that the warranty will be applicable only on ipads and macbooks but not on iphones, but normal shopkeers selling iphones with international warranty and later apple stores started saying that its with international warranty, dont know what is going on,

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Warranty is valid everywhere but you might have to ship it to Apple somewhere, they don't have local presence. Did you confirm if the authorized reseller will accept the warranty?

Yes, they said warranty is valid in India. Up to my knowledge they send the phone to Singapore for any fix. The shipping and all will be taken care by Apple.

Nabeela Moinuddin

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi - I bought my iPhone 5s from the USA with international warranty. The store in Mumbai (authorized reseller) won't take the phone for repair saying it's valid only in the country of purchase. I tried searching for the paperwork but can't find it nor do I have an email record of the warranty. The IMEI info pulls up the fact that it has a 2-year international warranty, but no luck. Agalaria and the others - any ideas on how to figure out the real deal??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro