Why isn't my iPhone 6 staying connected to wifi?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 doesn't stay connected to Wi-Fi.

I've already wiped mine and set it up as a new device and it's made no difference. In fact tonight I even reset my network settings for about the 5th time this week to see if that helped and I rebooted my router at the same time just to clear down. Literally 10 mins after I lost wifi and the same old going into settings>wifi just showed searching and never found any wireless networks despite there being dozens nearby and me being 10ft from my router. After 5-10mins of waiting I rebooted my iphone 6 and low and behold it immediately connected and also displayed about 15 wireless networks! What's odd is I then checked it again moments after and it only found mine!?

I wonder if this is actually a hardware fault after all. I'm going to exchange my iphone 6 with apple today if I can and at least that rules out the phone if it keeps happening. It's annoying as I moved carriers when upgrading and my new price plan is only 2GB of monthly data compared to my unlimited before. The woman said that on my iphone 5 I was only using about 50MB per month on average mostly because I'm always on wifi everywhere so 2GB sounded fine! Now I have this issue the problem is it keeps dropping wifi without me realising and I'd have just watched a 10min YouTube video at about 500mb before realising so it's a real pain for me now!

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

Yea mine problem still not solved after taking apple support for second time😒 my iphone creating same problem of wifi drop and doesnt search any router connection, i think its hardware problem but lets wait for new update, if it was hardware problem then wifi was not working like this.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Definitely improved for me after doing a "Reset Network Settings". How long that will last who know. But it definitely helped.

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

I want to ask one question to everyone who faced problem regarding wifi drop, after replacing your iphone 6, you guys are still facing problem in wifi or its solved now? If problem is solved then it means its hardware problem, otherwise its only ios 8.0.2 major bug.

john.woody

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

People are reporting the issue with the 5, 5s, 6, & 6+, so I would guess its software, also had it on my iPad 4 the other day so I did what I had already done on my iPhone and reset network settings. So far both devices are behaving themselves.

John.woody

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 6 doesn't stay connected to Wi-Fi.

Argh I'm in two minds. I'm going to goto the Apple Store later to see if they will replace it without an appointment. There's nothing at any nearby stores in the next week so it's pointless. Hopefully it's a hardware fault and the new device doesn't have his issue. If it's software then at least I have the peace of mind knowing it will eventually be sorted.

There's lots of people reporting this though which is worrying!

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I was having this issue as well on occasion and once i upgraded to 8.0.2 i haven't had any problems with wi-fi. it will now find networks instead of searching forever with no results.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

Ok just got back from the Apple Store and I've exchange my iphone 6 so let's see if this new one has issues then we know it's software.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

i have problems too. But i had the same issues with my 4s and i think it's really a problem with the router. But i'm not positive. But I have an old d-link 601 router running dd-wrt not to mention i bought it refurbished from Newegg.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

The guy in Apple Store here in England said he hadn't exchanged an iphone 6 yet! Said he hadn't even heard about any known issues! Odd.

Not quite sure what this problem is as he said if it's the wifi hardware then that's not replaceable and means a new handset so if this doesn't happen on my new iphone then this is a big issue for Apple.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

Ok this is DEFINITELY software related guys! I've exchanged my iphone 6 tonight and my new one has just done the same! Very annoying! What's more annoying is my new iphone 6 doesn't fit the buttons on my spigen case properly so the sleep/wake button didn't depress with the case on hahaha I've had to place a bit of felt in there to extend the button press! What an annoying pain! Seriously hope Apple sort this issue out asap!

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site

Had to reboot mine 3 times today, gone again tonight, i just gave up and turned wifi off and using 3g tonight.

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

Resetting network settings working fine for me till now, lets see till when it works.

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site

Found something interesting on mine. When my wifi acts up and i close all apps it comes ok again. Angry birds friends affects my wifi and as soon as i close the app all comes ok again!

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site

I found what's killing my wifi, any of the Angry Birds games. If they are opened and still run in the back ground after exiting it kills my wifi. Once i fully close the games my wifi comes back.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

Oh wow that's interesting! I wonder if that's the same with other apps not that haven't been updated for iOS 8 some how interfering with the wifi and that's why some ppl are not affected and why Apple haven't recognised as they are not testing iOS 8 with various common apps open! Wow I bet that's the cause! As and when the apps are updating this issue will probably drop off

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

I had wifi drop again tonight and I went into wifi and for the first time it actually showed available networks after a drop in wifi and eventually showed mine and then connected.

Out of interest how many of you are using a 5Ghz wireless network that are experiencing these issue as I'm using a 5Ghz wireless network and I wonder if it's related or anything related?

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

what i dont understand is that my iPad Air that i just upgraded hasnt had the issue at all. i get notified twice for everything even if im not using my ipad (same accounts on my g3 and ipad). that makes me wonder if it is a bug between cellular connection and wifi cause i have the wifi only version.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

I wiped my phone and completely set it up as new and it seems to have solved my wifi and Bluetooth issues. Mine was never as bad as some of yours that need a reboot to see networks, though.

I have a feeling there are going to be some overages for people who are having problems dropping wifi and haven't noticed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR