Why isn't my iPhone 6 staying connected to wifi?

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 doesn't stay connected to Wi-Fi.

After having problem with wifi disconnection, last night i talked to apple expert through chatting by using telephone technical support which is valid for 3 months after purchase of new iphone, i told that guy all my problem regarding wifi that it disconnects itself when its on standby mode or left idle and i was on ios 8.0.2, but before that i sent apple my all diagnostic usage after running extended test so they can verify wether its hardware or software problem, so after checking diagnostic reports of my iphone 6 for few minutes he came back and told me that ur hardware test was fine, there was no problem in it but your software has major bug in it which is causing all this wifi problem, so he asked me that if u have computer around then i can help u much better through screen sharing, so i started my lappy then he asked me to download screen sharing setup from apple website link but i didnt allow him full access on my pc so he was just placing pointer on screen where to go in itunes and what option to select, after that he told me to open itunes and connect my iphone, he was looking my screen, he asked me to restore my iphone, itunes took backup of my iphone and then restore process was started, after selecting options the file came to download which was of 1.95gb, i think i was downloading whole ios 8.0.2 setup again or he just sent me some patch for my bug, then i updated my iphone with it so after that screen sharing support was ended, i got mail from his side with case number so if i face problem again regarding wifi so i can reopen my case with apple, now lets see what happens, my iphone is working fine till now, there is no wifi drop from last night while keepin it on standby mode, i suggest everyone to restore their iphones or ask for telephone technical help from apple, before deciding replacing your brand new iphone, in my country apple service centre replace your brand new iphone with some used or refurbished iphones so i prefer not to replace it. That was my story of last night.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

Yeah this is really annoying me know. I suspect everyone is affected and those who haven't experienced it yet just simply haven't noticed!

I'm quite OCD so constantly checking my iphone 6 and have turned mobile data off whilst I'm at home to prevent it losing wifi and eating into my data. It takes a while to reconnect once I noticed its dropped the wifi connection and I've witnessed this about twice a day at the moment so could actually be happening more. What's annoying is although I've prevented my mobile data from being used when the wifi drops this does mean I don't get various data based notifications like whatssapp whilst the wifi drops as until it reconnects there's no data now. I woke this morning to find my wifi was gone and it said not connected and required a hard reboot to get it back then all my missed whatsapp and emails came through!

It's really annoying and doesn't look like a hardware issue as hardware usually works or it doesn't and if it is intermittent then you find its frequently intermittent t the point it does it every ten mins rather than twice per day!?

I did remember on previous iPhones (5, 4, 2G) while the phone was idle the status bar during locked should often show only 3G then when unlocked would change to wifi and various friends had this so I ignored it. This happened on various routers so not specified to my home router either. This is a bit like that I supposed only because the iPhone's are still new toys we are using and paying attention to them all more often to notice this.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I'm starting to notice the inconsistencies with wifi connectivity now... It will just completely drop wifi signal, then come back a few seconds later - and this happens even just 6ft away from the wireless router.

I hope 8.1 comes soon because 8.0.2 is garbage.

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 6 doesn't stay connected to Wi-Fi.

I'm having the same issue. Like some previous commenters I think it's an iOS 8 issue. My 5S has the same problem. I just upgraded my 5 that my mom uses to iOS 8 just a couple of days ago. It's now having the same issue. That's three generations all with the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

I'm starting to notice the inconsistencies with wifi connectivity now... It will just completely drop wifi signal, then come back a few seconds later - and this happens even just 6ft away from the wireless router.

I hope 8.1 comes soon because 8.0.2 is garbage.

Yeah, I hope when 8.1 comes out with the apple pay update, the wifi / buggy issues are resolved as well.

john.woody

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

Looks like it is software. I reset my network settings and then re-joined my network, 3 days on and so far all is working fine.

John.woody

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

Looks like it is software. I reset my network settings and then re-joined my network, 3 days on and so far all is working fine.

John.woody

I did the same two days ago and it made no difference for me. I'm glad you guys are here to confirm as I'd have been stressing about returning my iphone 6 otherwise.

I suspect those on other threads who claim to not be affected just have noticed it yet. It just just be a few seconds OR it can be minutes/until a hard reboot. Some occasions I've noticed that going into Wifi to try and force it to reconnect actually shows a blank ssid list whereby I normally have 6-7 routers displayed in my list especially my own! Only a hard reboot actually resolves this on this occasion.

Thanks for all responding...

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site

I have an no issue with Wi-Fi and it has been solid. I am wondering if it is a protocol issue. Works well with some security protocols while not with others.

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

After taking apple support now my iphone 6 is working perfect in wifi but now all apps are crashing dont know now what bug has entered in my ios 8.0.2, apple guy helped me in restoring my phone but now this crashing of apps annoys me when i m writing or doing something important, just waiting for ios 8.1, hope that will solve my problem😒

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

Lets hope it is as that means it's software and patchable! I'm on a Fibre AC Router using AES/TKIP WPA/WPA2 Protocols....

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

Ok so this definitely isn't related to security protocols as I've just had this happen again and when it dropped to 4G it wouldn't display ANY wifi networks when toggling wifi off and on again. I have about 8 surrounding networks here so there should never be none displayed. No matter what I did I couldn't get any to display and the wifi connection screen just showed searching. I eventually did a hard reboot and when it rebooted my wifi connection came back and it also displayed the 8+ wireless networks nearby.

I hope this isn't hardware related but as iPhone 5 users are experiencing similar I'm crossing my fingers this is fixed in the next iOS update.

Not sure what is actually triggering this

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

My WiFi connectivity just got unbearably slow today. So did a "Reset All Network Settings". Seems to have helped a lot. Wondering if it will degrade again to be unusable.

I hope this wifi but gets addressed with 8.1

Frost Forged

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

My phone refuses to hook up to wifi on a daily basis. I have to restart it to get it to work.

Reset Network Settings isn't helping.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

telling ya if your within return time frame exchange it or start process exchange! since there on back order alot of places have system for returns/exchanges took mine back got fresh one no problems at all.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

My phone refuses to hook up to wifi on a daily basis. I have to restart it to get it to work.

Reset Network Settings isn't helping.

Mine does the same. Daily I lose wifi at some stage and only a reboot gets it connected again or even showing wifi networks in the list!

I don't think it's hardware I think it's software. If it's hardware then a reboot wouldn't fix it. It would either work or it wouldn't. I'd not bother exchanging it is just wait for 8.1 to see if that fixes it. I asked a mate and he said his was perfect so I reset the mobile data while he was at home and check it later on when he hadn't left wifi all day and it was at a couple of MB of mobile data proving it had lost wifi for a period.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 6 doesn't stay connected to Wi-Fi.

Found this thread on the apple forums which is exactly what is happening to me. Seems it's not device specific which means exchanging for another iPhone 6 won't fix this problem and as I expected this is definitely ios software related.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6569309

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site

Wifi problems here too... My wifi is 30mb, suddenly the phone will go slow downloading pages and when i do a speedtest it reads only about 0,25mb. If i do a reboot it works fine for another few hours but the problem repeats ( ios 8.02)

This morning when i switched on my router the phone couldn't even find the wifi until i rebooted the phone.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

Michael I've not noticed slow speeds but what does happen is the same as yours whereby mine drops my wifi connection and reverts to 4G. Then when I scan for wireless networks it just says Searching... and doesn't go any further. The only fix is a reboot and then not only does it instantly connect to my router it also displays another 10+ nearby routers in a matter of a second! Something is seriously up with this. I'm reluctant to exchange it as there's a chance this is software related and exchanging won't make any difference. I can't imagine it being hardware as surely hardware either works or it doesn't and a reboot shouldn't make too much difference to a hardware fault. For instance if it was a faulty wifi antenna then rebooting the software shouldn't suddenly resolve a faulty antenna? I know it's still possible but with the amount of people affected it's not likely...

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site

It maybe software related, i'm nearly sure that my 5s did something similiar when i went ios 8, a few times it was slow at downloading. My 6 says full signal wifi but goes vbery slow until i reboot, been ok the last 5 hours.

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

I took apple support for second time and this time they told me to format my iphone 6 completly and setup it as new to check if crashing and restart problem happens again, i have to check for 24 hours or more then have to send diagnostic usage if i face same problem, i suggest everyone to format their iphones completely by using this article
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808
Apple support guy told me to do this and check iphone for 24 hours, hope this will work fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro