New iPhone 6, Now Need new Adapter for Car

Sinandgrin

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got a new iPhone 6 and realized that the Lightning and Aux Audio adapter cable I had been using in my car with my iPhone 5 no longer fits, so I need to buy one that will fit the iPhone 6. Apparently the distance between the lightning port and the Aux audio port on the bottom on the phones are just slightly different; so close, yet so far. :crying:

I am looking for a cable like this...

black_-_1.2m_8-pin_lightning_sync_charger_car_usb_with_3.5mm_aux_audio_cable_for_iphone_5_ipod_t.jpg

Has anyone seen anything like this that will fit the new iPhone 6? I have looked but fear I will have to wait a while for accessories makers to catch up. I hate to have to go back to my wired mess but maybe it will only be for a month or so.

Sinandgrin

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that is what I am having to do (the wired mess), but it makes for a much more messy web of cables everywhere and is the reason I found and bought the adapter for my older phone. It cleans things up nicely and makes connecting the phone quicker and simpler.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
i'm coming from a 4s which had a line out through the charging port which was excellent. I had an adapter like this
0050910003_7941.jpeg
Sadly I don't think I can do that now with the lightening port. i have to now just use the headphone port which isn't amplified and doesn't sound as good, kinda hollow.

The other crappy thing is moving the head phone port to the bottom means, it's blocked on my car cradle because it's rests in the cradle on the bottom of the phone.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I just use a Bluetooth receiver. Plugs into my car (USB and 1/8 inch), and my iPhone automatically connects to it every time I start my car. No more cables.

IMF

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
My solution is this cable combined with an apple lightning to 30-pin adapter cable:

niceEshop(TM) 30pin Dock Connector To USB And 3.5mm Audio Cable FOR IPod (Except IPod Shuffle), IPhone, Ipad -Black + niceEshop Cable Tie https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00BPHBFRO/?tag=hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2364468

You need to use the apple brand adapter because the others don't have analog audio built in (which is why some of them have the extra aux plug) on the phone end. Also, the adapter with the short cable is probably easier to handle in a car.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinandgrin

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the late response IMF, this is an interesting solution and since I still haven't found what I wanted to use I might look at this cable idea.

Akekal

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I am VERY ignorant about what cables I need. I tried just getting an aux cable from walmart, and that didn't work (I tried using it with the USB cable I use to charge the phone in the lighter or on a computer).

Can someone post pics or links to the exact cables needed? Or, explain more about the bluetooth receiver option (don't know anything at all about that)?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am VERY ignorant about what cables I need. I tried just getting an aux cable from walmart, and that didn't work (I tried using it with the USB cable I use to charge the phone in the lighter or on a computer).

Can someone post pics or links to the exact cables needed? Or, explain more about the bluetooth receiver option (don't know anything at all about that)?

If yo have a recent model car, especially one with Bluetooth capabilities and a USB port, all you should need is the iPhone 6 and "maybe" the charging cable that came with the iPhone. I'd like to think you have a "media" button/option on your vehicle's entertainment console. If so, use it when you're trying to listen to music from your iPhone, whether via Bluetooth or via the USB charging cable that came with your iPhone. You shouldn't need anything else.

Akekal

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
My car is a 2010 Kia Sedona so doesn't have bluetooth capabilities, I thought there was something I could potentially add that would act as a receiver.

With my iPhone 4S I bought a cord similar to the one above, that had a combo usb/aux connector on one end and a 30 pin on the other end. That works fine. I can still go that route, and just pretty much use my 4S as an iPod, but having to download my books and music to two devices is a pain...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro