Why Are Folks Whining About Battery Life?

milellie111

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Silver iPhone 6 here on Verizon. Battery life is impressive. I took my phone off the charger this morning around 6:30 am, used it for about 20 minutes or so. It is now past 9:30 and this is my battery usage so far on LTE (and sync and location services are turned on!).

unnamed.png

Shan S.

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Agree with you... Not too sure why people are complaining. Just checked mine. It is actually pretty good.

ecd8648d86771a8ec1d409eb18e18181.jpg

Shan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that it is because not everyone is seeing that level of battery life. I have found in the past week, my mileage varies. One morning I took a screenshot where after 34 minutes of active use I was still at 100%. However, it drained quickly over the next 30 minutes. Some folks are seeing better than average life, others not so much.

Hopefully your excellent battery life continues. But remember, it can change and other's experiences can differ.

justin_aga

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know that they're doing but Ive had the best battery life with my 6 than any other iPhone. Ive been charging once a day and Im not not of those people that don't use my phone. I use my phone for phone calls, texts , youtube etc all day.

Shan S.

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
True. I have seen a few applications get stuck in the background and just kill the battery...

I guess I can say my hours so far on the last charge are with no applications running down the battery like crazy.

Shan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to judge battery usage in that short of a time frame.
I agree though, battery life is quite good.
People who are complaining may also be used to larger devices with larger batteries, although iOS seems pretty damn efficient when it comes to battery life.

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I actually posted about how my battery would drain 12% in just 20 minutes or so of doing nothing but it's strange i've actually noticed my battery life getting a lot better over these past 5 days.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I am seeing battery life with my iP 6 vs. my iP 5S. Although were my office is I have real crappy AT&T coverage and have to walk outside
of my shop to make call. I did recharge my 6 Monday night since I had been out and about all day, about 8 hours, and had several long phone calls. I anticipated another long day out on Tuesday but it didn't materialize so my iP 6 is at 84% right now which is much better than my iP 5S, usually >75%, was after 1.5 days after charging.

I do keep WIFI off and all background App updates off. I also don't have EMAILs pushed to my iPhone either.

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I guess it depends on the usage....my husband will play his game for hours on the phone and I'll be on Facebook on the phone and during the same about of time and his battery life is much better than mine ....

But I don't really care about the battery life as it charges hella fast ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412183783.218848.jpg

Sent from my Silver iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
i got a 6 and i'm loving the battery life compared to my 4S so far. people will never stop complaining about battery life until they make a phone that needs no charging

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I guess it's also depending of what apps are installed and how far from the carrier you live.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

coolqf

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how this would affect it, but I remember one phone upgrade that was horrible while driving around. The constant tower hoping truly weakened the battery on that phone more than any other phone that I owned. Maybe the complaints are related to a change in behavior that adversely affects the phone?

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
My battery life depends on the type of connection to the cell tower (AT&T).

My workplace has signals from 2 towers (at different places on the building). When I am in an area w strong LTE signal, the battery life is good. When in weak signal w "4G" signal, the phone warms up and the battery life is marginal.

I have a spare charge cable in my office that I leave my phone connected to.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
It is the education piece - they hear stuff from people and then they don't know if what they have is good enough or what they are purchasing is good enough.

These forums exists for those concerns. My only gripe is that people don't use the search function but create a new thread all the time (again, this could be an education piece too, but a simple code automation would fix it too)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Some complaints are with the 5/5s on iOS 8.0.2. My 5 drains faster than it did before.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I didn't realise people were complaining about battery life. Personally, I am getting three days out of mine as I am a light/medium user and I couldn't be happier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh