Screen protector

blasted11

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Does the Apple Store install screen protectors? I have never used one on my iPhones but I think I may want one now. I need it to be on absolutely perfectly (ocd with this kind of thing). Do they have a professional way of doing it?

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
The absolute best way, is for you to do it. When you are at home, start a hot shower in your bathroom and wait for it to get nice and steamy. This will prevent any dust from floating around. Then just take your time and do some practice runs to see how the protector aligns up, then put that sucker on. If you do get dust under the protector, get 2 pieces of masking tape and use 1 piece to lift the protector and the other piece to slide between the screen and the protector in order to fish the dust out. I've always had good luck using this method.

I've always had horrible experience at any retailer letting them install the protector.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Does the Apple Store install screen protectors? I have never used one on my iPhones but I think I may want one now. I need it to be on absolutely perfectly (ocd with this kind of thing). Do they have a professional way of doing it?

I don't think they are allowed to install the screen protectors anymore, but a Best Buy would install it I think.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
This is an easy thing to do. I'm sure there are DIY help videos.

In time I learned you can first place the protector with rubber bands, then tape one side when it's aligned. Flip it up, take off the bottom backing and apply. Press out bubbles as you go.

blasted11

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
This is an easy thing to do. I'm sure there are DIY help videos.

In time I learned you can first place the protector with rubber bands, then tape one side when it's aligned. Flip it up, take off the bottom backing and apply. Press out bubbles as you go.

I actually have tried it before on one or two of my iPhones years ago, but I did not like the look and took it off.

rotorsk8r

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The screen protectors in the apple store are rubbish, barely cover the lcd let alone the screen. I pulled mine off because of my ocd and got ghost armor to install one for me,couldn't be happier!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2