iPhone 6 WiFi problem

Natt Moore

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
WiFi keeps cutting out often.. not a WiFi problem as it does it with all WiFi connections. Also WiFi switch in settings is dodgy and doesn't/can't scan for networks. Running on iOS 8.0.2. Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Going on three days and no problem with wifi at all! Matter of fact it works extremely well, is this happening on all networks ?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried to reset network settings, then reenter your wifi passcode? Reset Network Settings
Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards. Might help.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

zulu1128

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
All three of our phones on OS8 were struggling with WiFi bigtime. I switched the security on our router from WEP to WPA and it runs like clockwork.

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have found that my WiFi is incredibly better then my 5 I mean dramatically way better. I'm very pleased I attribute it to the phone not so much to the ios because my wife is using the 5 which is running 8 and still does not have the range of the 6.

jake501

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
All three of our phones on OS8 were struggling with WiFi bigtime. I switched the security on our router from WEP to WPA and it runs like clockwork.

Bingo.. Both my iPhone 6's were really struggling with my WIFI at home since I got them. I tried all the different settings on the phone that I've read about to change to fix it, which did not work. I reset my WIFI router by holding the reset button in for 10 sec. then set it up as WPA, haven't had any more trouble.. solid strong connection..

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I do have wifi problems with my 5S on iOS 8 but wasn't like that on 7.1.2 it's consuming a lot of data a of my plan

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Bmichael78

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Bingo.. Both my iPhone 6's were really struggling with my WIFI at home since I got them. I tried all the different settings on the phone that I've read about to change to fix it, which did not work. I reset my WIFI router by holding the reset button in for 10 sec. then set it up as WPA, haven't had any more trouble.. solid strong connection..

I'm completely clueless as to how to do this. I use a Buckeye system router and there is one button on the side that says "WPS". Any tips or sites with instructions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried to reset network settings, then reenter your wifi passcode? Reset Network Settings
Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards. Might help.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

This method is working, wifi is working fine with it however sometime it drop but reconnects automatically and its not behaving like earlier which completly disappear all the router names or connections.

apcman

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I came from a moto droid maxx and the wifi range is a lot better. I usually lost connection by the time I left my house or property. Now I can make it a good deal farther. I would say 25 percent farther which is amazing to me. I guess better antenna or something.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Since doing a "Reset Network Settings" wifi has been SOLID... Before that it was getting progressively worse. After 2 days still good. Will see if it starts acting up again but so far so good

forcl

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I just bought an iPhone6 this weekend and am ready to return it. Cannot use WiFi at home. It worked at store, and worked at the gym, will not work at home. Have reset network setting several times, even restored iPhone via iTunes to factory settings(per advice Apple Care). My Motorola Surfboard SBG900 works fine for all devices(1 year old iMac, 2 iPads, and my iPhone5). Reset modem, have WPA/AES security. My phone sees the wifi but the gear keeps turning and turning, it never connects. Sad, I like the zoomed screen, but I may have to return it. My modem has no firmware updates, and I've wasted many hours on this :(

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I just bought an iPhone6 this weekend and am ready to return it. Cannot use WiFi at home. It worked at store, and worked at the gym, will not work at home. Have reset network setting several times, even restored iPhone via iTunes to factory settings(per advice Apple Care). My Motorola Surfboard SBG900 works fine for all devices(1 year old iMac, 2 iPads, and my iPhone5). Reset modem, have WPA/AES security. My phone sees the wifi but the gear keeps turning and turning, it never connects. Sad, I like the zoomed screen, but I may have to return it. My modem has no firmware updates, and I've wasted many hours on this :(

Maybe just try to exchange for a new model instead of just flat out returning it. You may have had a faulty phone, I'd say give it another chance :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73