Should I purchase my iPhone 6 online or in the store?

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Ordering an iPhone 6 today, but have a question

So I am buying my brother an Iphone 6 of his own.

However, I am debating do I want to just go ahead and order it online or chance it at the store.

I'm doing att next for it....Problem with this is, you can't do in store pick up for att next.
I checked earlier and the 16 GB was there...I checked now and it is gone(there are a few higher models but I want the 16 GB for him. He doesn't need 64 GB).

I'd just hate to drive 40 mins to the mall only to discover they sold out.

Apple's shipping says the phone will ship in 7-10 days, which doesn't make sense because when i go through the ordering Process

1. It says 7-10 days

2. But estimated time is October 16-21 which is way longer than 10 business days, that's nearly a month for now.

Generally speaking, how fast are they usually with projected dates?

I would give him mine but he doesn't like the color(sigh) since I am going to use the 5S i also brought alongside my Lumia 1520.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Ordering an iPhone 6 today, but have a question

I would go and buy it at the Apple store. It's only 40 minutes vs 7-10 days of waiting. You can buy an unlocked one there too. If you are uncertain if they'll have any just call them and ask.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Also, you might want to reconsider getting the 64 GB model. Apps and games are increasing in size, and you'll be getting 64 Gigs for the price of 32.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

So I am buying my brother an Iphone 6 of his own.

However, I am debating do I want to just go ahead and order it online or chance it at the store.

I'm doing att next for it....Problem with this is, you can't do in store pick up for att next.
I checked earlier and the 16 GB was there...I checked now and it is gone(there are a few higher models but I want the 16 GB for him. He doesn't need 64 GB).

I'd just hate to drive 40 mins to the mall only to discover they sold out.

Apple's shipping says the phone will ship in 7-10 days, which doesn't make sense because when i go through the ordering Process

1. It says 7-10 days

2. But estimated time is October 16-21 which is way longer than 10 business days, that's nearly a month for now.

Generally speaking, how fast are they usually with projected dates?

I would give him mine but he doesn't like the color(sigh) since I am going to use the 5S i also brought alongside my Lumia 1520.

I would call around and see. Sometimes if you get a nice employee they will hold one for you if you tell them your dilemma and that you will be coming to pick it up today.

diesteldorf

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site

I agree. $100 more for 4 times the storage is a good deal, and you are future proofing your phone.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Why drive 40 minutes to someplace when you know it's a hot item? If you're going to drive, at least drive because you got it reserved online.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

Why drive 40 minutes to someplace when you know it's a hot item? If you're going to drive, at least drive because you got it reserved online.

I wish we could reserve it online with the AT&T Next plan, but Apple won't allow it. You can only reserve it if you do the normal 2 year upgrade.

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

I have AT&T and they never had any iPhone 6 in so I decided to go to best buy. I have something like the next plan and they were able to take care of all of that right there. I hated the shipping dates AT&T offered so I gave best buy a chance and was able to pick up a 6 on the 21st of September. however,I didn't get the amount of gbs or the color I wanted so you might run into that problem but I was really desperate for a new phone since my iPhone 5 was on its last legs so I just took the 128 gb gold one that they had. color is still eh but I'm not complaining about the gbs lol im someone that has always had 16 gb so the 128 is great. Not saying you need a 128 but I do agree with the others that a 64 gb would be the next best thing

jonathan2677

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site

I reserved on two year then got to Apple a switched it lol, the contract don't go in effect till the phones activated

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

I reserved on two year then got to Apple a switched it lol, the contract don't go in effect till the phones activated

You reserved the phone with a 2 year contract and when you got to the store you changed to the Next plan? If so, I might do that since I live so far away.

AElsi

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

I ordered an iPhone 6 on 9/15 (Silver 16gb) and I have not received yet. My ESD are 9/24 to 10/3. The CSR's have even told me that I might not even get the phone by this Friday. I would def. try getting it from and Apple store or Best Buy. I can't cancel my order b/c it's supposedly too far into processing...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods