Stupid iPhone questions

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
These may seem stupid, but I can't get a solid answer.

Do I have to use iTunes to load music on an iPhone, or can I drag and drop?
Will the iPhone play mp3, or do I have to convert to m4a or whatever apple uses now?

Does Apple have its own email and calendar, or do I have to import from Google or Microsoft?

I have more, but those are my standout questions... I'm thinking about buying a 64GB 6.

Thanks

Posted via the iMore App for Android

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes you need iTunes to put your music on the phone. Yes Apple has its own calendars. You can sync your Google calendar as well. I personally use the iCloud one and when I update it on the computer it updates on my phone.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
These may seem stupid, but I can't get a solid answer.

Do I have to use iTunes to load music on an iPhone, or can I drag and drop?
Will the iPhone play mp3, or do I have to convert to m4a or whatever apple uses now?

Does Apple have its own email and calendar, or do I have to import from Google or Microsoft?

I have more, but those are my standout questions... I'm thinking about buying a 64GB 6.

Thanks

It looks like folks are helping with your questions so I just want to say welcome to iMore NadaAddict! No question is stupid and we are all here to help so feel free to ask away. The iPhone 6 is an awesome phone. Best of luck with your choice!

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I've got one more if anybody knows...I use a fitbit, and have for over a year. The fitbit app works great, but will it tie in with the Healthkit App on the iPhone? Also, I see the Healthkit tracks blood pressure, bac, cholesterol, and a whole host of other items. Are those all manually input, or is there some kind of iHealth band coming out that gets a lot of those off the skin?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The health system is on iOS 8 and would work on the new iPhone or some older models with the upgraded IOS

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
But is there a new wrist band I need to buy like my fitbit, or does the fitbit sync with the healthkit?

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a jawbone but aside from it monitoring my sleep, I think it will become largely overkill once I upgrade my i5

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apple gives you the iCloud email account. But you can add Gmail and others as well to the Mail app.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR