Verizon store won't sell iPhone 6 without contract?

Daniel Stingel

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Just tried to purchase an iPhone 6 off contract at the local verizon store and the guy told me that Apple won't let people buy the new iPhones outright unless you buy them at an apple store.

Is this correct? Seems odd.

polo2883

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Thats a verizon policy. They will only sell the phone if you put it on your active line or start a new line.

I tried to get 3 on opening day and they wouldn't sell it to be unopened. They had to open it and make sure its active prior to me leaving the store. Also since I only had 2 lines I could only do two phones.

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
You can buy one at Best Buy , Target, walmart, etc. and maybe even get 12 months no interest if in the US.
To heck with the carrier stores and their contract crap.

elliott436

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Op that is correct best buy is doing the same thing we have to put the device on your account. It's so that people don't do anything shady and to prevent people that have their account hacked to prevent any more fraud to hit that account.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Think you should clarify what type of verizon store you go to, Indirect aka Authorized Resaler wont sell it untill its been on the market for a while, They will glad sell a iphone 5s off contract. Its because its new they want to sign people. The verizon about hour north from me a DIRECT store said they would happily sell off contract. Bestbuy also is technically a " indirect store "

EggoEspada

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Verizon, Best Buy, etc. usually don't sell you phones off contract if they just came into the market. Especially with the iPhone's. Though some stores may actually let you walk away with one, but a lot of places require you activating the phone on the account due to system limitations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Corporate Verizon stores have to sell you a phone if you want for full price without contract. If they refuse, ask for a manager. If they still refuse either have them call customer support, and call them yourself in store.

If it is an authorized reseller then they do not have to.

cruiz1022

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
I've been waiting for a specific size and color for my iPhone. But I'm able to get a full retail iPhone from Verizon, best buy, and Apple. Or at least it shows me the option to get it for full retail

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2