iPhone 6 over the plus

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Using the device with one hand was the selling point for me. I had to shift around the plus to much to use it that way. I don't use my phone as a major productivity phone too so I didn't need that extra screen size.

KiwiGrrl

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Size. Or rather dimensions. I came from a Note 3 and had preordered a plus but that longer and skinnier thing had me worried. Popped into Verizon today just to lay hands and try it and realized it wasn't going to work for me. Canceled my preorder on the spot and walked out with a 6.

robbg

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
The 6 is the perfect size (for my hands anyway). And I don't think there's any compromise as far as specs/performance goes. Well, unless you consider OIS and the higher res display deal breakers. Some do, and I can understand that. But at the end of the day, it ultimately comes down to which size you prefer. The good thing is, I don't think you can go wrong either way. I actually like the 6 Plus quite a bit, but I found it to be a bit too big to carry around. Just my opinion of course. I'm sure there are plenty who would disagree :)

ClickClack

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
The screen and battery on the plus make it a totally different device than the 6.

Use the plus for a week then the 6 and you're talking big step down .

You're going from hdtv in your hands to 4:3 quality.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The screen and battery on the plus make it a totally different device than the 6.

Use the plus for a week then the 6 and you're talking big step down .

You're going from hdtv in your hands to 4:3 quality.

Answer something for me. Better yet, for the rest of our members as well. Why are you trolling the the iPhone 6 sub forums? Seriously? I expected after the release, that we would have trolls from android infiltrate the community with the typical negative commentary and derogatory comments. What I didn't anticipate was a fellow Apple user doing it.

So far you have continually referred to the iPhone 6 as a, in your own words, "major downgrade" from the 6+. You told me to "go back to the downgrade sixers yo". Now you're here in a thread yet again going off topic.

We get it Clack, you hate the 6. You think it sucks compared to the 6+. You think it's no different from the 5S. You worship the 6+. But there are many members who are happy with their choice.

I really don't know why it bothers you so deeply that others enjoy the choice they made regardless if it's different than yours. You see, I really don't care one fraction of an ounce if you dislike me. But it would be nice if you could show the rest of the members some respect and quit slandering their choice of phone. I expect that from other platform users.....not a fellow one.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Answer something for me. Better yet, for the rest of our members as well. Why are you trolling the the iPhone 6 sub forums? Seriously? I expected after the release, that we would have trolls from android infiltrate the community with the typical negative commentary and derogatory comments. What I didn't anticipate was a fellow Apple user doing it.

So far you have continually referred to the iPhone 6 as a, in your own words, "major downgrade" from the 6+. You told me to "go back to the downgrade sixers yo". Now you're here in a thread yet again going off topic.

We get it Clack, you hate the 6. You think it sucks compared to the 6+. You think it's no different from the 5S. You worship the 6+. But there are many members who are happy with their choice.

I really don't know why it bothers you so deeply that others enjoy the choice they made regardless if it's different than yours. You see, I really don't care one fraction of an ounce if you dislike me. But it would be nice if you could show the rest of the members some respect and quit slandering their choice of phone. I expect that from other platform users.....not a fellow one.

In regards to the regular 6 battery life.. I've been on Netflix for hours and browsing the forums. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411827063.259309.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using the uncarrier

ClickClack

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Who said I hate the 6 ??
I may exchange the plus for it - I'm having a hard time even with huge hands coming to grips with a device this bulky .
However a move to the 6 is a downgrade in screen quality and battery.
Enjoy your weekend Finn .

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I struggled with the 6 or 6 plus debate myself. I actually started a thread on it. I have tried the 6 plus so many times in the last week because I love the specs on it. I just can't get over the size. It's just way too big for me to comfortably use as a phone. If I was really big into watching movies and YouTube on my phone I would probably have gone with the plus, but I don't. The times when I do want to do those things, I can use my iPad mini. To me after a long week of debate the 6 is the sweet spot right now.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I chose the 6 because I felt like I'd get annoyed with the 6 Plus like I did with my Galaxy Note 2. I went back to the S3 and then the Moto X, which to me is the perfect 4.7" phone. That was, hands down, my favorite device. Getting the 6 was a no brainer for me. Functional in both size and software.

ClickClack

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I chose the 6 because I felt like I'd get annoyed with the 6 Plus like I did with my Galaxy Note 2. I went back to the S3 and then the Moto X, which to me is the perfect 4.7" phone. That was, hands down, my favorite device. Getting the 6 was a no brainer for me. Functional in both size and software.

Have you seen the moto x2014? Looks awesome - I've never used droid but that phone looks amazing .

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Have you seen the moto x2014? Looks awesome - I've never used droid but that phone looks amazing .

I have. Moto X is one of the best android phones. Of course that is just my opinion. I'm still considering getting one. I went back and forth between the 5S and Moto X before giving them both up for the 6. For people wanting to try Android, the X is always my recommendation.

Will Brady

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
For a while i thought if I went with the six I was getting a weaker product to the plus, but now I feel like I am getting a device that is just as good if I went with the six

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
For a while i thought if I went with the six I was getting a weaker product to the plus, but now I feel like I am getting a device that is just as good if I went with the six

Although the specs aren't as high, it's a great phone. I think the biggest problem was the way Apple marketed it. They made it seems like it was a better version of the 6. If they made it seem like a completely different phone like the Galaxy S5 opposed to the note 4 I don't think there would be as many people thinking its a step down.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
The six is not a weaker product. Yes, it has a smaller display and battery. The smaller display with less pixels to drive will also consume less battery, so the smaller battery size doesn't make much difference. As for OIS, it's up the each person to decide if it's a deal breaker. Retina is retina, so the larger display on the plus won't look much sharper. The normal 6 display has a better contrast ratio anyways.

I am a tech junkie who changes phones constantly. I have owned every top end Android phone that has come out in the last 6 months. Specs mean nothing (other than the obvious display and camera), it's about user experience, and iOS wins on that.

Will Brady

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I just walked out the Apple Store, seven yes seven people brought back there plus to exchange for the 4.7 , and there once one instance of a bent iphone 6 plus, I am not trying to start drama just saying.

Aaron Starr

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The reason i choose the 6 over the 6+ is because i feel like the 6+ isn't portable enough for me. I have a Note 3 and it's a pain at times just to manage taking it in and out of your pockets even if you're not wearing skinny jeans. Plus i don't really like the feel of it in my hands.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just walked out the Apple Store, seven yes seven people brought back there plus to exchange for the 4.7 , and there once one instance of a bent iphone 6 plus, I am not trying to start drama just saying.
Well. I guess that makes 10 out of about 5,000,000 bent iP 6 Pluses. Wonder if the owner had sat on it in his back pocket? Did you ask?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711