iPhone 6 over the plus

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone who has a pulse, and is a fanatic enough to join an Apple focalized forum, has known the differences in the 6 vs 6+ from the start. There are tradeoffs. These tradeoffs and what will make one happy, can only be answered by the person making the purchase. Asking questions in the forums that can be answered based upon factual information is great. But once you begin asking questions that can only be answered by opinions and subjective views....you are getting yourself no closer to an answer. You HAVE to try things out for yourselves and make the choices on your own.

That said, having used both phones and being fully aware of the tradeoffs, I asked myself the following questions:
Q. Can I truly tell the difference between the 750P 6 screen and 1080P 6+ screen?
A. Side by side, one phone in each hand, I could not. Perhaps others can. I have been told others can. I could not. And I won't spend my life holding the screen of my 6 next to other screens to compare. I won't spend my life worrying about specs. I find the screen gorgeous. The best I have used.

Q. Can I truly tell the difference between the 6 not having OIS vs the 6+ having OIS?
A. In some cases, yes, I could. Was it enough of a difference for me to need the 6+? No. The camera on this 6 is the best cell phone camera I have ever used. The focus, the clarity, the contrast, the low light production, etc. It is amazing.

Q. Can I truly tell the difference in battery life from the 6 to the 6+?
A. Yes. Of course. But, I have also had impressive battery life on my 6. Impressive as the 6+? No. But, I am a CPA by trade. I have a charger at my desk. I have a charger in both cars. I have a charger in my kitchen, bedrooms, etc. I don't "need" the battery of the 6+. Some do. I don't. The specs don't bother me.

Q. Is the 6 a true upgrade from the 5S I came from?
A. Are you kidding me? It is a resounding YES. From the increased screen size, amazing form factor, faster touch ID response, better quality screen despite same 326ppi, amazing camera improvements, improved battery life, etc. I am thoroughly convinced this is a worthy upgrade.

Q. Taking everything into account, knowing all I know, is the form factor of the 6 more important to me than all else mentioned?
A. For me....FOR ME....yes. I use my phone one handed. I type with one hand and one thumb. I whip it out of my pocket on the fly and start using it while walking. I use it one handed while lying on my side. I love how it fits in my pockets. It is, for me, a perfect size. 5" might have worked better for me. But this will do.

If you took the time to read this, I appreciate it. Share your thoughts. Have fun talking about your phone of choice. And most of all, no matter which device you chose....enjoy it. Love it. And don't give a s**t what others say, think, or use. Look out for number 1, and that is you.

Thank you Finn. Great post. I have a couple months before I will be getting the 6, but I have been going back and forth on getting the 6+. I have gone through every one of the points you brought up. I too am a CPA and it sounds like my needs are similar to yours. I have used plenty of android phones including the Note 2 & 3. While I truly like the Note series I end up frustrated with the size quite a bit. It's a love/hate relationship. I do feel like the 6 will be the better fit for me as well. Fortunately I have plenty of time to consider both, but I do appreciate your writing this post. It helped me quite a bit.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Because I already own a Phablet and I don't NEED another one.

my 1520 is big enough(bigger than the plus) so I went for something more compact. I have both a 5S and an Iphone 6 as I am unsure of which i want.
I'll probably be keeping the 5s and returning my 6.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
The 6 Plus was simply too big for me.

I'd said earlier here that it made no sense to upgrade from the 5s unless one was getting the 6 Plus. I had to eat my words -- upgrading to the 6 was great, and I'm very glad I did it.

The 6 is a work of art. Running with it with no case and it's amazing.

Oh, and like others, I simply found the 6 Plus too big for my hands and pockets.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
For me, it was size. I've had a Note 3 before and while I wanted something bigger than my Blackberry Q10, I didn't want a phablet. The specs on the Plus may be better but not so fabulous to make me want it. So I got the 6 and I am very pleased with it. The phone does what I need when I need how I need, I have no complaints.

dalaen

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I went to the store to try both sizes. I have small hands (same size than my girlfriend's actually).

The iPhone 6 felt perfectly at home in my hand at the first grasp. Good size and everything.
Then I took the iPhone 6 Plus. I could barely hold it in my hand, nor reach the home button with my grip. This meant no easy Reachability too.

So I definitely took the 6.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who has a pulse, and is a fanatic enough to join an Apple focalized forum, has known the differences in the 6 vs 6+ from the start. There are tradeoffs. These tradeoffs and what will make one happy, can only be answered by the person making the purchase. Asking questions in the forums that can be answered based upon factual information is great. But once you begin asking questions that can only be answered by opinions and subjective views....you are getting yourself no closer to an answer. You HAVE to try things out for yourselves and make the choices on your own.

That said, having used both phones and being fully aware of the tradeoffs, I asked myself the following questions:
Q. Can I truly tell the difference between the 750P 6 screen and 1080P 6+ screen?
A. Side by side, one phone in each hand, I could not. Perhaps others can. I have been told others can. I could not. And I won't spend my life holding the screen of my 6 next to other screens to compare. I won't spend my life worrying about specs. I find the screen gorgeous. The best I have used.

Q. Can I truly tell the difference between the 6 not having OIS vs the 6+ having OIS?
A. In some cases, yes, I could. Was it enough of a difference for me to need the 6+? No. The camera on this 6 is the best cell phone camera I have ever used. The focus, the clarity, the contrast, the low light production, etc. It is amazing.

Q. Can I truly tell the difference in battery life from the 6 to the 6+?
A. Yes. Of course. But, I have also had impressive battery life on my 6. Impressive as the 6+? No. But, I am a CPA by trade. I have a charger at my desk. I have a charger in both cars. I have a charger in my kitchen, bedrooms, etc. I don't "need" the battery of the 6+. Some do. I don't. The specs don't bother me.

Q. Is the 6 a true upgrade from the 5S I came from?
A. Are you kidding me? It is a resounding YES. From the increased screen size, amazing form factor, faster touch ID response, better quality screen despite same 326ppi, amazing camera improvements, improved battery life, etc. I am thoroughly convinced this is a worthy upgrade.

Q. Taking everything into account, knowing all I know, is the form factor of the 6 more important to me than all else mentioned?
A. For me....FOR ME....yes. I use my phone one handed. I type with one hand and one thumb. I whip it out of my pocket on the fly and start using it while walking. I use it one handed while lying on my side. I love how it fits in my pockets. It is, for me, a perfect size. 5" might have worked better for me. But this will do.

If you took the time to read this, I appreciate it. Share your thoughts. Have fun talking about your phone of choice. And most of all, no matter which device you chose....enjoy it. Love it. And don't give a s**t what others say, think, or use. Look out for number 1, and that is you.

I came here to post something similar but now I don't need to. your post encapsulates my own thoughts perfectly.

For me, the number one priority was the physical size of the device. I had a Note 3 and that was too freaking big. There's no way I wanted to go back to that size, even if it was an iPhone. Just no way.

I'm not a power user and my 6 will actually last me three days on a single charge whilst out and about! My 5S would last me two days. I needed a larger screen but didn't want to hold a phablet to my ear.

I don't give a monkey's about OIS. I don't take enough photos with my phone for that to be an issue.

I can't see the difference in screen quality between the 6 and the 6+ and I suspect most users can't.

What I did want though was an iPhone I could still comfortably put in a pocket nad not have to worry about wearing something with huge pockets in order to fit the 6+ in.

My HTC One M7 was the perfect size for me with two drawbacks; the curved back (great in the hand, rubbish on a table) and the fact it runs Android, which in my personal experience has been far less reliable than iOS for me.

Being that the iPhone 6 is within a hair's breadth of being exactly the same physical size as the HTC One M7, with a screen that is the same size, my choice was a complete and absolute no brainer. I did not even contemplate the 6+ for a millisecond.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Pocketability, one-hand usability, overall size. Plus you can't really tell the difference between the 2 displays anyway, so the 6 won for me.

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1520 Phablet and a LG OG Pro, so I didn't need or want another large phone.
I also didn't want something as small as the 5s, so I went with the 6.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought the 6 over the 6+ because the + is just too big for me. I'm still struggling to decide if the 6 is too big for me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner