iPhone 6 over the plus

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Answer something for me. Better yet, for the rest of our members as well. Why are you trolling the the iPhone 6 sub forums? Seriously? I expected after the release, that we would have trolls from android infiltrate the community with the typical negative commentary and derogatory comments. What I didn't anticipate was a fellow Apple user doing it.

So far you have continually referred to the iPhone 6 as a, in your own words, "major downgrade" from the 6+. You told me to "go back to the downgrade sixers yo". Now you're here in a thread yet again going off topic.

We get it Clack, you hate the 6. You think it sucks compared to the 6+. You think it's no different from the 5S. You worship the 6+. But there are many members who are happy with their choice.

I really don't know why it bothers you so deeply that others enjoy the choice they made regardless if it's different than yours. You see, I really don't care one fraction of an ounce if you dislike me. But it would be nice if you could show the rest of the members some respect and quit slandering their choice of phone. I expect that from other platform users.....not a fellow one.

He's trying to validate the 6+. He probably hate the size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Ideally if Apple made an iPod touch the size of the 6+ I would buy it in a heart beat to be the device I'd like to use when I want a little bigger than my phone but want more portability than my iPad.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who has a pulse, and is a fanatic enough to join an Apple focalized forum, has known the differences in the 6 vs 6+ from the start. There are tradeoffs. These tradeoffs and what will make one happy, can only be answered by the person making the purchase. Asking questions in the forums that can be answered based upon factual information is great. But once you begin asking questions that can only be answered by opinions and subjective views....you are getting yourself no closer to an answer. You HAVE to try things out for yourselves and make the choices on your own.

That said, having used both phones and being fully aware of the tradeoffs, I asked myself the following questions:
Q. Can I truly tell the difference between the 750P 6 screen and 1080P 6+ screen?
A. Side by side, one phone in each hand, I could not. Perhaps others can. I have been told others can. I could not. And I won't spend my life holding the screen of my 6 next to other screens to compare. I won't spend my life worrying about specs. I find the screen gorgeous. The best I have used.

Q. Can I truly tell the difference between the 6 not having OIS vs the 6+ having OIS?
A. In some cases, yes, I could. Was it enough of a difference for me to need the 6+? No. The camera on this 6 is the best cell phone camera I have ever used. The focus, the clarity, the contrast, the low light production, etc. It is amazing.

Q. Can I truly tell the difference in battery life from the 6 to the 6+?
A. Yes. Of course. But, I have also had impressive battery life on my 6. Impressive as the 6+? No. But, I am a CPA by trade. I have a charger at my desk. I have a charger in both cars. I have a charger in my kitchen, bedrooms, etc. I don't "need" the battery of the 6+. Some do. I don't. The specs don't bother me.

Q. Is the 6 a true upgrade from the 5S I came from?
A. Are you kidding me? It is a resounding YES. From the increased screen size, amazing form factor, faster touch ID response, better quality screen despite same 326ppi, amazing camera improvements, improved battery life, etc. I am thoroughly convinced this is a worthy upgrade.

Q. Taking everything into account, knowing all I know, is the form factor of the 6 more important to me than all else mentioned?
A. For me....FOR ME....yes. I use my phone one handed. I type with one hand and one thumb. I whip it out of my pocket on the fly and start using it while walking. I use it one handed while lying on my side. I love how it fits in my pockets. It is, for me, a perfect size. 5" might have worked better for me. But this will do.

If you took the time to read this, I appreciate it. Share your thoughts. Have fun talking about your phone of choice. And most of all, no matter which device you chose....enjoy it. Love it. And don't give a s**t what others say, think, or use. Look out for number 1, and that is you.

Last edited:

Will Brady

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Finn5975 your points are valid this site has helped me form the best opinion, I agree with you on all levels, and after time in the apple store, I will be purchasing the iphone 6 4.7

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Who said I hate the 6 ??
I may exchange the plus for it - I'm having a hard time even with huge hands coming to grips with a device this bulky .
However a move to the 6 is a downgrade in screen quality and battery.
Enjoy your weekend Finn .

I've read 3 posts by u in 3 different threads bashing the 6. It's the same phone. Screens looks the same, and battery life is largely similar. So please just be quiet!

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
For me the answer comes from experience. I keep my phone in my front left pants pocket. When sitting down or driving (if i don't take it out every time or enable bluetooth) I can't get to a phone bigger then the 6 if it rings. It's just too big to use comfortably, and I have LG to XL hands.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
When Apple first announced their new iPhones I immediately wanted the 6 Plus. Once I made some cut outs and looked at similarly sized phones I started to question whether I really wanted the Plus. The screen size of the 6 is definitely the sweet spot for me. Easy to use with one hand and the device fits easily in my pocket. I honestly don't think you can go wrong - both are great options!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

blasted11

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree on Finns points above. 1st...I came from a 5. I purposefully skipped a generation (1st time doing so since the iPhone) last year in hopes of getting a bigger iPhone in 2014,and to save some money. Before preorder day,I was leaning towards the 6+ after the keynote.(my eyesight is aging) Then those printouts hit the web, and when I saw the sizes of the three of them right there in front of me, I said no I can't do it. Too big for one-handed use and pocket-ability. So I got the 6 on launch day and am loving it,especially coming from my 5. Yesterday I held the 6+ for the 1st time at the Apple store,and though it's amazing, I couldn't get past its size. If Apple had made a 5" screen size with a smaller than usual bezel, that would have been the sweet spot for me,since I still would like a bit bigger of a screen than the 6 has. It's possible that in a year or twos time,that I may prefer a 5.5 inch screen(or get lucky and have Apple do a 5" iPhone) because of my eyesight and daily habits.
For now though this phone rocks.

ClickClack

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
The six is not a weaker product. Yes, it has a smaller display and battery. The smaller display with less pixels to drive will also consume less battery, so the smaller battery size doesn't make much difference. As for OIS, it's up the each person to decide if it's a deal breaker. Retina is retina, so the larger display on the plus won't look much sharper. The normal 6 display has a better contrast ratio anyways.

I am a tech junkie who changes phones constantly. I have owned every top end Android phone that has come out in the last 6 months. Specs mean nothing (other than the obvious display and camera), it's about user experience, and iOS wins on that.

how do you keep changing phones and avoiding contracts? what;s your take on the MotoX 14?

mapleleaf

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I went for the 6+ on Launch Day thinking that as a professional photographer I would utilize the bigger screen for my images and showing them off easier. After 6 solid days with it, I took it back and got the 4.7". It was a really tough decision because I thought I'd really miss that big screen! but it's been ok actually.

I didn't so much mind the length of the plus, but I found it a bit too wide. I'm much happier with the 4.7". I think a 5" iPhone would be ideal, but we'll probably never see that!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Smaller size (but still a nice increase over the 4.0" screens of old), still can use one handed, just felt better and easier to handle in the hand.

I'm starting to lean in this direction of choosing the 6 now instead of the 6+. When the new phones were announced by Apple my first reaction was I want to go big. I'm a very petite person but I wasn't going to let that get in my way lol. I've been to the Apple store and Best buy a total of 3 times between the 2 stores. After leaving Apple again tonight from looking at both devices, I'm coming to more of a conclusion that the 6 would better fit my needs now.

I don't pocket my phone ever, but one of my possible mind changing factors from getting the 6+ is the times I want to run to the store and just grab my keys phone wallet and go. My idea process was when I do this it won't be very convenient because of the larger phone size...... Carrying the 6 would be easier. Of course there are other things I'm weighing out also that may bring me to the 6 instead of the 6+.

I'm taking my time and I'll probably make another 10 trips to Apple or best buy before making my decision:)

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to lean in this direction of choosing the 6 now instead of the 6+. When the new phones were announced by Apple my first reaction was I want to go big. I'm a very petite person but I wasn't going to let that get in my way lol. I've been to the Apple store and Best buy a total of 3 times between the 2 stores. After leaving Apple again tonight from looking at both devices, I'm coming to more of a conclusion that the 6 would better fit my needs now.

I don't pocket my phone ever, but one of my possible mind changing factors from getting the 6+ is the times I want to run to the store and just grab my keys phone wallet and go. My idea process was when I do this it won't be very convenient because of the larger phone size...... Carrying the 6 would be easier. Of course there are other things I'm weighing out also that may bring me to the 6 instead of the 6+.

I'm taking my time and I'll probably make another 10 tips to Apple or best buy before making my decision:)

I was the same way. I could have managed the larger size, but for what I do, the 4.7 size works great. I originally planned to get the 6+ and then once I played with one in store I picked up a 6 instead. No regrets, and don't think you can go wrong with either device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
For me the size (or lack thereof) of the 6 compared to the Plus outweighs the spec difference.

For me it's about the user experience and having a gigantic two-handed "phone" (phablet really) does not meet that criteria for me.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
unlike other fellow member here, I didn't need any time to adjust to the 6plus, I knew after two or three hours of using it that it wasn't the device for me, I would've

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I love the size of my 6. I thought about the 6+ for a minute cuz it's got a few more features but when I saw it in person it reassured me the the 6 was the right phone for me.

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I had originally pre ordered a 6 plus but the outrageous shipping date had me thinking maybe I should go see these phones in person to make sure this is something I'll be willing to wait awhile for. So I went to a t mobile store to see both phones in purpose and I wanted to kick myself,the plus was way too big for me and the 6 was just the perfect size for my hands. Not too big,not too small. I then canceled my 6 plus pre order with a November shipping date and was able to pick up an iPhone 6 the very next without waiting or hassle. coming from an iPhone 5 the 6 is a big enough size different for me.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My reply is as simple as can be.. "I am 5' 7" and my fingers are like pork sausages" I can't hold the iPhone 6+ any way comfortable. It's a no go for me. Even (even) if I could it's too big to be a daily phone for ME... All technology aside for ME it's too big. I could not even consider it as a phone. As a 2nd line maybe that sits in my laptop bag, a mini tablet for sure.. but not as my primary. The 6 is about my iPhone size limit.