ATT very slow LTE download speed

blasted11

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I was getting between 30-40 Mbs down on my iPhone 5 over LTE and now with my 6 I'm getting less than 10...
Anyone else having this problem?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you contacted AT&T to see if they are having network-related problems with LTE or if there's a carrier update for your iPhone 6?

blasted11

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
calling now...

*edit*
well of course they suggested resetting network settings,which I had already done.That had actually solved my slow wifi download speeds, but not the LTE. I just tried it again and got about 5 mbs down. That's terrible. They couldn't find any problems that may be affecting me and I'm not being throttled so they put in a "ticket" and they'll get back to me. Wonder if it's a problem with the phone itself....
Only good thing is that she sees that I have been using less than 1 gb of data per month while on the old "unlimited" plan I've had for a long time,so I'm switching over to a 1gb family share plan for now and saving about $40 - $50 on my bill.

Last edited:

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Yikes. That sucks. I can't speak for AT&T as I am in Canada, but I have been pulling about 89Mbit down on Rogers. That being said, it could just be that the already bogged AT&T network is now even slower due to all the new iPhone activations. Give it a bit and see if speeds return to normal. If not, then start to worry.

natalieeegood

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I was getting between 30-40 Mbs down on my iPhone 5 over LTE and now with my 6 I'm getting less than 10...
Anyone else having this problem?

You're lucky youre getting at least 10. The highest I've got is 0.31

They told me it's something with the phone because it wouldn't be the service. My sister also has the 6 and we are on the same plan. She was able to get 30 while sitting right next to me, I pulled a 0.27... I'm going to have to go to Apple tomorrow I guess

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
could simply be the result of a whole lot more people on your LTE network now than before. I went from a 4s on 3G to LTE on the iphone 6. That's one more guy using the network.

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
These are my AT&T LTE speeds tested at various dates and times and in various locations around town. Are these speeds normal? I was under the impression that LTE was supposed to be I dunno.....FASTER than 3G. What happened to all this PR about AT&T investing billions into the backhaul of the network and improving things.

image.jpg
image.jpg

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Coincidence - I called up AT&T CSR this morning about the same issue. I was told that there is a switch b/w LTE and 4G and somehow I was on the 4G network and that was causing the problem and once I restart it should fix the issue. I restarted the iPhone and my LTE speed was still around 4 down so I asked AT&T to open a case. I live in NYC so there might be some network congestion but again that shouldn't happen all day long.

I strongly recommend asking them to officially open a case to investigate the situation, this way they might be able to confirm if it is the network around your neighborhood or something wrong with the setup or the hardware itself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro