have a note 3 and a ipad mini , should I go plus or regular 6

Will Brady

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
New to the site I have a ipod 5th gen, ipad mini retina, I am ready to make the full apple circle with my phone since I have a ipad mini do I go 6 or 6 plus.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If you have the Note 3 and like a phone that size then I would say to go for the plus. If you want a smaller form factor and can handle having less screen to work with then do the 6. I have not decided which I will be getting either. I loved my Note 2 and 3, but the size did bother me at times. I would definitely go handle both before deciding. Good luck with your decision.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I had the Note 3 and while I loved the screen if I was sitting and able to use both hands, I found it to be a royal pain when I was on the go. So I got a regular 6, and I love it.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I also had the Note 1,2 and 3. They were nice for about a month or 2 but I would then get tired of the size. When I remembered this, I cancelled my Plus order and purchased the 4.7". I've been very happy with my decision. The battery life is awesome on this phone. I take it off the charger at 8:00am and listen to podcasts until I go to lunch at noon, and my battery is at 95%. On any android I've ever used, they would always be at 75-80% by lunch. But, the Plus will be even better, so that would be something to consider.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Tha'ts kind of how I look it. What do you want to carry/use on the go? When i'm at home I have other devices to use. I went with the smaller one from a 5.5" G3.

I'll still grab an iPad if it's close by. But the iPhone plus allows a better iPhone experience if that makes any sense but looks bad trying to borrow iPad app design especially in landscape mode.

At close to 8" and 4:3 aspect ratio the mini iPad is just enough for regular browsing, comics, PDFs, etc. There's also the tablet apps. I think given the iPhone Plus's aspect ratio at 16:9, it can't really take the iPad's place. But I suppose it depends on what you use it for.

geekymcfly

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I feel the same way the note 3 size bother me some but having the larger screen was great too

I have the Note 3 (since Nov. 2013) and the Plus is slightly bigger than that. I don't have a passion for a bigger iPhone so I went with the regular 6. I also have a iPad Mini Retina. I also have been using the Nexus 5 as a daily driver for 6 months and the size is the same so it's perfect for me. I use my Note 3 as a remote and a casting device now.

bbhybridchris

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Just my two cents....I have a iPad mini first generation and also a new MacBook pro with retina display. I chose the iPhone 6 because I want it mainly as my portable phone first and then content device second. With handoff and continuity as long as I'm at home or with the iPad and on the same WiFi I can use the larger screens and still receive calls and talk my messages. I didn't want to be over burdened by the larger device all the time. Perfect fit for me.

Posted via iMore App

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice