Just gave up my Android HTC M8 for the iPhone 6

Gunnyman

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't be happier.
I've been saying Android phones have been getting too big for about a year now.
I have arthritis in my hands and larger phones actually hurt my hands to use them.
I realize The iPhone 6 is approximately the same size as the M8, but for some reason it doesn't hurt my hand.
I think it might be the thinness and width.
Anyway, howdy!

rotorsk8r

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat coming from the M8. The only things stopping me from trying an iPhone was the size and keyboard, both have been rectified.

Jimrod76

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't be happier.
I have arthritis in my hands and larger phones actually hurt my hands to use them.
I realize The iPhone 6 is approximately the same size as the M8, but for some reason it doesn't hurt my hand.
Anyway, howdy!

Completely agree - I'm always bantering with a friend about the whole Apple vs Android thing and his HTC One was always impressive, when he updated to the M8 I felt it just went over the edge size-wise and was uncomfortable to use. Same with the Samsung Galaxy S4 vs S5. There's definitely a sweet spot for me.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I think you will be happier. I had a Galaxy S3 and I understand why my friends like there mobiles so much. One thing my buddy said to me was "The iPhone is a tool not a toy and you will get more out of it if you drop the android mentality". I laugh so hard when he said that because he works for Apple in Austin. You think any bias?!?!

A.B.

Gunnyman

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm in a platform agnostic household. I use an iMac, my iPhone, and Android tablet, and a Chromebook. My daughter has a chromebook and an android phone, my wife has a windows 7 laptop and an android tablet. :)

bluirv

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I've been a long-time Apple fan for 30 years, but did not buy an iPhone until this month.

Like many of you, I owned a HTC M8 phone and liked it. I have been buying Android phones mainly due to their larger sizes. Now that Apple has entered the "real world" with decent sized phones, I'm ready to join! :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't be happier.
Anyway, howdy!

And it bends less than the M8.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I came from the Galaxy S5 (ok, and the HTC One M7, and the Sony Z2, and the OPPO Find 7a) since leaving the iPhone 5s. Although I loved the large, high DPI screens (especially the SAMOLED S5 in cinema mode), the phones were huge. I find the iPhone 6 to be the perfect screen vs body size. The M7 was about the same, except for the giant dual speaker bezels it had.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I had an HTC one previously and I loved the size...just not anything else sadly. It was close to being a great phone just the camera, battery life and the charge time killed it for me. Not to mention android wake locks and the crappy apps. I wasn't wild about beats either. Anyway, congratulations on your new phone and welcome to imore!

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I had an HTC one previously and I loved the size...just not anything else sadly. It was close to being a great phone just the camera, battery life and the charge time killed it for me. Not to mention android wake locks and the crappy apps. I wasn't wild about beats either. Anyway, congratulations on your new phone and welcome to imore!

Once I flashed a custom rom on my HTC One, it was great. A rom couldn't save the camera though. Whoever decided that 4MP was enough should be fired. 99% of reviews (and users) said it was a great phone, save for the camera. I can't believe they carried it over to the M8 even after it got trashed in the reviews of the M7.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2