Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    iMore Pro

Default Re: Iphone 6 Earpiece Volume Very Low?

Had this same problem could barely hear the person I was talking to even with speaker phone on. It weird because music and video would be loud coming through speaker. I fixed my problem with a jailbreak tweak called amplified give it a try if your jailbroken

Sent from my Gold iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Nanite

Yup, having the same experience with volume problems. :-/
    iMore Nanite

I've had trouble with my 6 plus ever since I got it. People either can't hear me or only hear bits and pieces. I'm so frustrated with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Standage View Post
    I've had trouble with my 6 plus ever since I got it. People either can't hear me or only hear bits and pieces. I'm so frustrated with it!
    Take it back and swap it out for another one or switch devices.
    iMore Nanite

ya i noticed it too, my iphone 4 was much higher in volume with music rather than the iphone 6.....
    iMore Nanite

I too am now experiencing very low volume levels on my iPhone 6+. I'm making an appointment tomorrow morning with the Apple Genius Bar to resolve this issue. I suddenly didn't have hearing issues... it's the device.. I'm having to use the speakerphone in order to hear my phone calls. JimW

If you're having volume issues, try going to Settings >General >Accessibility >Hearing Aids>Toggle on Hearing Aid Mode. This increased the volume of mine and my Wife's phones. Especially hers.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

I notice it sometimes. Interestingly usually when there is lots of noise around me hmmm
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
    That's a good idea if your in a loud environment.
    Except the only difference that will make if not wearing a hearing aid is placebo.
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by Wozinator View Post
    Except the only difference that will make if not wearing a hearing aid is placebo.
    This is incorrect. Turning on hearing aid mode turns off the noise cancellation feature, which is likely the real culprit.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I'm not sure if this would affect the overall volume, but it's worth a try. Go to Settings - Music and adjust the "Volume Limit" to off, if it not already set to off.
    Thanks JMD. Did not know that existed!!!

A.B.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Lambert View Post
    Thanks JMD. Did not know that existed!!!

A.B.
    You're very welcome, sir...
    AB Lambert likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

It's unbelievable all the stuff made up on these Internet forums. LOL

It's unbelievable all the stuff made up on these Internet forums. LOL
    Examples?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

Examples?
    I was wondering about that. It could not be about the setting because I found the setting you were talking about. It helped a lot.

A.B.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Examples?
    Like setting the music app volume limit is going to affect the earpiece volume or that turning on hearing aid mode but using no hearing aid is going to affect the earpiece volume. The only thing that affects the earpiece volume is turng up the volume. And if it's still not loud enough there is either something wrong with your phone or your ears. Simple.

Like setting the music app volume limit is going to affect the earpiece volume or that turning on hearing aid mode but using no hearing aid is going to affect the earpiece volume. The only thing that affects the earpiece volume is turng up the volume. And if it's still not loud enough there is either something wrong with your phone or your ears. Simple.
    Okay, and you somehow found offering suggestions in an attempt to help the OP laughable? #smh
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Okay, and you somehow found offering suggestions in an attempt to help the OP laughable? #smh
    Yep
    CDG
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts

Default Iphone 6 Earpiece Volume Very Low?

Quote Originally Posted by classc1 View Post
    Yes!! The plastic cover it came with. Talk about embarrassing. The rep said I'm not the only one that had this "issue." LOL
    You are definitely not the only one. In my defense it was the Treo Pro and it was a small piece of plastic just covering the ear piece.

Glad it was that easy.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    21,868 Global Posts

Yep
    Familiarize yourself with the following...

[INFO]
    P.U.P.P.A.H
    (Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)
    • Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
    • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
    • Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
    • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.

[/INFO]
    Learn to behave accordingly...
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by donawalt View Post
    Mine is great. I run with earbuds, and even with traffic noises etc. I don't have the volume too far above halfway. I am using Sony ear buds, have you tried different ear pieces?
    I had the same problem. I had to increase the volume all the way up to hear music through my old headphones. Just put the new headphones on that came with my iPhone 6. Problem solved. Volume at halfway is now perfect.

Hope this helps.

For the record of this thread, I want to restate what I previously posted concerning turning Hearing Aid Mode on in Accessibility to increase the phone's volume. This actually does work. It did in mine and my Wife's phone. She has excellent hearing, and when she got her new 5c last year, she couldn't hear it. The volume was about half my iP 5. I did a search and found where it said Hearing Aid Mode turned on could increase volume. So I tried it on her phone. It worked. She was able to hear loud and clear. I then turned it on for my phone. It did increase my volume some. But not as much as it did on her 5c. Your mileage may vary, but if your iPhone doesn't seem to have the volume it should, it won't hurt to try this. It worked for us!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    iMore Nanite

This may be a weird question but do the people who seem to be experiencing the volume thing, like me, have an iphone in the EU? I noticed that you can put an EU limit on the sound on EU iphones, but not those outside of the EU. I thought maybe this could also be a thing.

I noticed this problem when I was listening to the exact same song with the exact same earphones with my iphone 4 and iphone 6. The max volume on the iphone 6 is MUCH lower than the iphone 4.
    iMore Nanite

Thank you. Thank you. I was on the phone with apple support when i found your post! I went to the store, chat and called support. No one seemed to know the answer. For me it was the volume limit. All Fixed.
    iMore Nanite

Yes, definitely a reduction in sound quality and volume from the iPhone 5. I noticed it immediately when I started using my new iPhone 6 three days ago. I even went back to the Apple Store to consult someone about it. Of course Apple would never admit it (and recall, what, like 10 million iPhones?) It's so sad that Apple has gone so downhill. This phone never should have been released without complete testing (obviously this would have been caught in a thorough QA round before release.) They cut corners. No surprise there. But I will definitely confirm that the volume is absolutely not as loud as iPhone 5. Plus it seems to default to a lower volume without warning...so I'm always having to turn it up to listen to my podcasts. It defaults to crappier volume if I cut away to answer a call or to do some other audio related task. I still have 10 days to return it. I may well do so if I discover there is an android with better volume. Also am open to finding earphones that double as volume boosters. But so far I have not.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast