iPhone 6 And 6 plus warping the while in pocket

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Most happening with iPhone 6 plus I read because it's larger and thinner and so easy to warp to leg shape. Hopefully apple step up and explain what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Just read an article on Tech News, Reviews & Tips | Geek.com that the 6 and 6 plus are prone to warping while in pockets of ones jeans or whatever. Anyone hear this?

This whole thing is amazing. Here's how to do it: put a large, thin aluminum rectangle in the back pocket of your jeans and sit on it for 6-10 hours per day (where it sits between a large rounded body part and a hard flat surface). Now be stupefied that it bent. SMH.

Jets69

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
This whole thing is amazing. Here's how to do it: put a large, thin aluminum rectangle in the back pocket of your jeans and sit on it for 6-10 hours per day (where it sits between a large rounded body part and a hard flat surface). Now be stupefied that it bent. SMH.

Haha so true. I never understood why people put phones in their back pockets and sit on them. Seems like you're just asking for trouble. Besides, wouldn't the 6 Plus be easy for a thief to swipe it out of someones back pocket considering how ridiculously long it is? Just my 2 cents.

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I hope there not talking about the phone being in ones front pocket and walking and I then warping. That doesn't seem possible to me.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Haha so true. I never understood why people put phones in their back pockets and sit on them. Seems like you're just asking for trouble. Besides, wouldn't the 6 Plus be easy for a thief to swipe it out of someones back pocket considering how ridiculously long it is? Just my 2 cents.

Very true. I never understood why people would put a phone in their back pocket then sit on it. With the 6 plus I'd imagine it wouldn't be hard to fall out someone's back pocket either.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I hope there not talking about the phone being in ones front pocket and walking and I then warping. That doesn't seem possible to me.

We've been hearing "bending" stories for years. It has happened with the 5 and 5s. You just don't put a phone in your back pocket. Some reports of front pocket bending with the 5s. But those may have been fake.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Walking with it either in your front or rear pocket should not be a issue. Sitting on it, yes.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
This same exact thread comes up every single phone release... Dont sit on it and keep a case on it. The screen will break before the phone warps.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Well, if the curvature of your, um, gluteus maximus has the same radius as the side of your head, you could just be customizing the fit of your iPhone 6 Plus. #justathought

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Tall, wide, but extremely thin... Wouldn't take a huge amount of leverage to flex that aluminum chassis. Tight jeans pulling the phone down against your thigh at an awkward angle = bent phone.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I understand this is user error but I just watched a video and the guy actually bent the plus in his hands that's crazy seems near the volume buttons is a weak point ... Glad I found this out before I got mine so I can be careful or get a case for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711