iPhone 6 And 6 plus warping the while in pocket

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Just curious... Anyone that's in here complaining about the issue, has your personal phone bent yet?

Of course not. Most of the whiners don’t even own iPhones of any vintage, especially not the 6/6Plus. They’re bb and android shills here to stir the pot.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If you're worried about bending your phone, we can try to find you this one.

nibend.jpg

Not only won't it bend, odds are it won't fit into your pocket either.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Of course not. Most of the whiners don?t even own iPhones of any vintage, especially not the 6/6Plus. They?re bb and android shills here to stir the pot.
I'm an iPhone user. I can't believe that opinions are so easily dismissed simply because you do not want to believe it.

I challenge Apple to provide proof that only 9 handsets have been affected by this.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm an iPhone user. I can't believe that opinions are so easily dismissed simply because you do not want to believe it.

I challenge Apple to provide proof that only 9 handsets have been affected by this.

Frankly I don’t care how many bend or don’t bend. I only care about one - mine. I carry it in my pants pocket daily, and it’s not bent. With that said, I firmly believe that the issue us trumped up, and is not nearly as widespread as some would have us believe.

Of course there are now more than nine units bent. We have documented proof that some low-life morons are bending them on purpose to try to make it look much worse than it is. Just check youtube for proof.

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Here's a video by Marques Brownlee, a pretty well respected and fair, imo, tech guy. He explains why the new IPhones are more susceptible to bending than previous generations, and explains how to protect your phones. To be fair, he also mentions other phones that bend too.

iPhone 6 Plus #BendGate: Explained!: http://youtu.be/s3QcOSyD38M

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Frankly I don’t care how many bend or don’t bend. I only care about one - mine. I carry it in my pants pocket daily, and it’s not bent. With that said, I firmly believe that the issue us trumped up, and is not nearly as widespread as some would have us believe.

Of course there are now more than nine units bent. We have documented proof that some low-life morons are bending them on purpose to try to make it look much worse than it is. Just check youtube for proof.
I've seen that video and it's disgusting. I just believe that the tendency to bend has to be addressed.

I've had what I believe to be heat induced bending on an iPhone 5 already and these 6's are a bigger and thinner form factor.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

Thats because thats what they are opinions, everyone has one. Mine is my iPhone 6, is great, I've had it for over a week and its not bent.
But I take care of it. If I sit down, its not in my pocket.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Thats because thats what they are opinions, everyone has one. Mine is my iPhone 6, is great, I've had it for over a week and its not bent.
But I take care of it. If I sit down, its not in my pocket.

This is what concerns me. I shouldn't have take my phone out of my pocket every time I sit down.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
This is what concerns me. I shouldn't have take my phone out of my pocket every time I sit down.

I hear that, but you know it stinks I have to wear reading glasses and I only need them for reading. Which really stinks because I have to carry them around and shouldn't have to take them out of my pocket every time I sit down. But guess what happens if I don't.

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I 100% agree that YES these phones can bend.. It is just common sense that a thin aluminum shell can bend! That is the first thing I thought when I walked into the Apple store, and now I own an iPhone 6, and am fully aware of this! I have owned an iphone 4,5, and 6, I like the build quality, people need to realize this is a high end electronic device, not a fisher price toddler toy! I am 6 feet 190lbs, I am sure if I put my 7" Google Nexus Tab, the "pure" google experience in my pocket, it will eventually share the same fate! If you want rugged and plan on doing activities that might damage these high end electronic device (like in my job) it is simple, invest in a Griffin Survivor, or an Otterbox Defender, and you do not have to worry as much anymore! I am sure MANY other rugged cases will be coming soon (sorry if I missed one) ;)

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
My first cell phone was a Motorola Bag phone. I don't even remember what my first truly handheld phone was. It may have been a Motorola StarTAC. Ever since I had that 1st handheld phone it goes into a holster. I look at these devices as a piece of equipment that should be given some care in their treatment.

I'v seen users with all makes of smartphones with them in their front and back pockets and wondered not so much as the device bending but the screen cracking. Also with the phone hanging out of your back pocket in my eyes it's a perfect target for a pickpocket.

As someone said people should take responsibility for their actions and to say that it never happened before is just a plan "cop out". Plus the fact that if I ever upgrade to a newer iPhone Xx I want the phone in the best condition for resale.

My iPhone 6 has a very slim Spigen case on it to prevent scratching and I keep it in an over size holster, Nite Ize universal XL, since it was the only type of holster available at the time. I'm also waiting for a non-glare screen protector to show up on the market.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I wish this thread would die already. If your worried stop your bi**hing and return it ! For Christ sakes I'm a overweight guy I carry it in my pocket I have huge hands I've seen 0 bending. I know how you can solve everything pull on it with two hands really hard with all strength you have and no more worrying for you !

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

See it's all about using your phone.. I am over 200# and if I it on my phone I am an *****.. it's that simple. And if I am wearing skinny jeans, I am .. well dying, get me to the hospital and cut them off STAT.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I started a thread about this (which I probably shouldn't have), but my 8 year old daughter jumped on my lap, right on top of my iPhone 6 that was in my front pocket. I wasn't paying attention, and the phone dug into my leg so hard that it hurt. Guess what, my phone didn't bend. It's fine.
It was flat against my leg, in a horizontal position, and she landed right on top of it, which could have been a perfect bending scenario.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW