Is Anyone Else Having a Hard Time Acclimating to the Placement of the new lock button?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm used to the lock button being on the side of Android phones so that's not a big deal. I've not fully gotten unlocking the phone with Touch ID down. Muscles remember slide then pass code very well.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I just switched from android and find myself reaching for the nonexistent back key.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using the uncarrier

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Got my 6 this morning and, yes, I'm constantly pressing the top and expecting it to turn off. Have been doing it about 30 times a day for the last 6 years, so gonna take some getting used to.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When some of you refer to a key, it confuses me a bit. I call those buttons. I'm getting used to it though. :D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Jimrod76

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I don't think there's a problem with it being on the side as such, though the top would still have been fine - it's the placement opposite the volume buttons, it's poor ergonomics. You naturally try to counter the force of the press with your fingers at the opposite side to your thumb, which just so happens to be where those volume buttons are so often you end up pressing both...

Adjusting to the position just takes a while, adjusting to pressing the volume buttons at the same time is harder because it's where your fingers naturally want to go!

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
i'm used to it. i just hate when i press the volume buttons while trying to lock it and it doesn't lock

Yes this happens so often to me that my ringer volume keeps going lower and lower throughout the day. Just needs some getting used to I guess. I do like the lock button on the side and but I also don't for the reason of the volume rocker. Don't even get me started on taking screen shots haha

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73