Is Anyone Else Having a Hard Time Acclimating to the Placement of the new lock button?

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
When I press the button I also tend to press on the volume keys which changes my volume setting. On a good note I have at least stopped trying to press the lock button on top of the phone....

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
When I press the button I also tend to press on the volume keys which changes my volume setting. On a good note I have at least stopped trying to press the lock button on top of the phone....

It’s just going to take some time. Muscle memory can be a real detriment to that kind of thing. Still working on it, myself. :)

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
After the first two days, I had it down pat. Still adjusting to typing on the keyboard though. So apologize in advance for any typos.

Excuse my thumbs as they tap away on my "6" #SwipeLife

mtcowdog

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I struggled with the new lock button location at first, but quickly adapted. The bigger change I notice is that I tend to accidentally hit the volume buttons quite a bit; they are more "clicky" and responsive. When using the camera I have taken several photos accidentally via the volume down button. Adapting ...

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have not used the phone much since getting it on Saturday.. but yes, I do the same thing, always hitting the volume button now and forgetting when doing a screen cap.

Jets69

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Not a problem at all for me. I love that it's on the side and do not have to adjust the phone in my hand to put it to sleep. A lot more convenient and necessary giving how long phones are getting now.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Still getting used to it. I accidentally pressed the power button couple times while working with volume and vice versa.

It is going to take a while to reteach the muscles that are used to the same since 6+ years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, i've stopped involuntarily pressing around the top of the phone for the lock button now.
I do end up hitting the volume button while taking screenshots a lot, but I'll get used to it.
I prefer the lock button being on the side of the larger device, it's more convenient, it just so happens that change takes a little while.

GusHerb

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Lock Button Anyone Else Having a Hard Time Acclimating to the New Placement?

NO problem getting used to the power button, the fact that I've had an android as my secondary (and sometimes primary) on and off for two years now has gotten me primed for this day with iPhone.

The thing that gets me is the screenshots, Instead of holding home and power button I keep trying to go for power and volume down button (just like on my N5 that I was using the past month). And I think it's more awkward doing that with the pwr button on the side.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
My most recent device, the Galaxy S5, also had a side lock key, so I didn't expect to have any issue with the move - well, I was wrong. The first couple days I was constantly reaching for the top but it's gotten better. I only do it a couple times per day now.

I always preferred having the lock button on top, but larger phones are definitely better suited for side-placement of the power button.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Not a problem at all for me. I love that it's on the side and do not have to adjust the phone in my hand to put it to sleep. A lot more convenient and necessary giving how long phones are getting now.

Exactly my impressions too. Got used to it right away. The very odd time I'll reach on top. But overall I like it on the side. Most of the time I use my thumb.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner