iPhone lock/auto-lock: newb question

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
The 6+ is my first iPhone with Touch ID, so apologies if this is a newbish question. On my i5 I set the device lock at 15 minutes, so I'd be prompted to enter the lock code if the phone was idle after that time. With the 6+ I'm prompted to unlock the phone via Touch ID or PIN every time I wake it up.

Not that holding my thumb over the home button is a strain, I just found this kinda unusual and was expecting a swipe only.

Side question: how long do you set your auto-lock for?

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
you can set it to not have any passcode and not use Touch ID if you want.

It could be a usage problem - If you use the power button to wake up your phone, then you will slide to unlock and then touch the finger. Instead you can wake your phone pressing the home button with the finger that is setup for touchID and it works.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
you can set it to not have any passcode and not use Touch ID if you want.

It could be a usage problem - If you use the power button to wake up your phone, then you will slide to unlock and then touch the finger. Instead you can wake your phone pressing the home button with the finger that is setup for touchID and it works.

Bingo!! The second option is slick: use the home button to wake and just leave my thumb over the button/Touch ID ring and it unlocks without a slide or using Touch ID a second time. Thanks!

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I had the 5s so I guess I'm used to just automatically resting my finger on the home button regardless of how I wake the phone...

It's easier to just open with the home button and then it'll just open/unlock smoothly...

I keep my lock on immediately

Sent from my Silver iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2