Going back to the iphone 5S

GusHerb

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Only problems I've had are obvious iOS 8 bugs. Such as wifi lag, screen won't rotate, and today my camera wouldn't do landscape mode, as well as the dialer app freezing. Half those problems I had on my 5S too after iOS 8.

When I've had trouble after restoring backups instead of setting up as new I've just reset settings instead of erasing all content and settings and it's done the trick each time so far. I haven't had to go to that point yet just reset network settings (that fixed wifi problems on the 5S)

I'm waiting a little bit longer to send my 5S in for trade in credit though.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Only problems I've had are obvious iOS 8 bugs. Such as wifi lag, screen won't rotate, and today my camera wouldn't do landscape mode, as well as the dialer app freezing. Half those problems I had on my 5S too after iOS 8.

When I've had trouble after restoring backups instead of setting up as new I've just reset settings instead of erasing all content and settings and it's done the trick each time so far. I haven't had to go to that point yet just reset network settings (that fixed wifi problems on the 5S)

I'm waiting a little bit longer to send my 5S in for trade in credit though.

Oh the wifi lag, I thought I was the only one

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wife's iPhone 6 is taking pictures upside down and stuff, but other than that, she's been fine...she said she was so used to re-orientating her pictures when they were sent to people anyways, that she didn't notice until she looked at them in her library on the device. Hoping the update fixes this, but if not, we'll be taking it back for a replacement for sure.

Some people are reporting that calibrating the compass actually fixes the picture orientation issue, I'm going to try it when my wife gets home to see if it works for hers as well!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Oh the wifi lag, I thought I was the only one

Both my iPhone 6 and iPhone 5 have the same wifi lag on iOS 8. I'm not sure if the TouchID sensor on my iPhone 6 is having issues too. Sometimes it won't accept my prints at all. Are my fingers too greasy?

ClickClack

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Wow so you ran out bought 2 phones sold the plus for "huge coin " and then got 3 defective units? 3?
Wow cool yet sad story brah
And I mean you thumped hard for that 6 yesterday and all its prowess ...
You must be heartbroken son...

ClickClack

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. I'm glad I didn't take the plus back which was a strong first instinct. You definitely need to take your time and get used to it. It's a keeper now.

You don't find it bulky ? I'm still not sold , I fluctuate between love and aggravated...

But I think the future of phones is 5 ' screens / people with 5s phones are looking to get out of contract because the screen is the size of a chicklet...

My concern on the 4.7 Is its really not an upgrade.

Phones are now media devices

I'll tell you one thing email in landscape is sensational .

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow so you ran out bought 2 phones sold the plus for "huge coin " and then got 3 defective units? 3?
Wow cool yet sad story brah
And I mean you thumped hard for that 6 yesterday and all its prowess ...
You must be heartbroken son...

You're still here? I thought after yesterday you'd been schooled enough.

See little one, I'm blessed in many ways. Financially happens to be one of them so whether I buy one or 100 phones, the fact that it bothers you is laughable. And oh look, you're still on the fence over the big bad 6+ or the downgrade 6.

One day , hopefully, you'll be able to make a decision. Personally I think you should consider android phones. There's quite a few of your types over there 'bro'. Come back when you reach 18 😘

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
3 defective units lol !! Apple doesn't roll like that

You're new here aren't you sis. 1st unit defective camera. 2nd unit non-working speaker. Third unit, contrary to your belief (we'll chalk that up to comprehension skills) worked out just fine.

You just keep coming up short! I don't know what to tell ya brah, I mean son, I mean bro, I mean yo.

And to think, you were worried about a big phone against your face making you look like a 'tool' lol

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have some freezing issues on my 5 running iOS 8. Mostly in Safari and Messages when I send a photo. Hope you got it fixed!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have some freezing issues on my 5 running iOS 8. Mostly in Safari and Messages when I send a photo. Hope you got it fixed!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

I did Led thanks!! Ran a restore to new and it cleared everything up. Hope all is well on your end!

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Glad you got your issues fixed Finn........as for me, I'm returning my 6 tomorrow. Has nothing to do with the 6 really, which is a great phone. I just decided to become really conscious of how I use my phone over last couple days and decided that the 5S is for me. It's what I want, it's what I need at this stage. Part of me just doesn't want to get used to the bigger 6. I'm stubborn. I don't want to get used to locking my phone on the right side of the phone, among other things. So....I'm going back home. Lol.

Lugerlicious

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Finn,
Those are all software related issues. iOS 8 is quite buggy at the moment. From a hardware standpoint, the 6 is awesome! Unfortunately the software seems incomplete and rushed :(

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
My conclusion after the landscaping mode glitch I just experienced is that the iPhone 6 is a bit like a pair of new shoes: it's tight and it squeaks. It seems that soft reset is the Apple equivalent to breaking the shoes in, KWIM? I'm glad it all worked out for you, Finn.

Issa-7

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
im not silly but your story is quite heartbreaking bro, if its someone else maybe they would make a big drama ,im glad you can deal with it you do it very classy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711