Thinking about returning my new iPhone 6

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I love my new iPhone 6, I really do. I waited all night for it. I originally wanted the 6 plus but my local Verizon store didn't get any so I got the 6. I played with a 6 plus at the Apple Store and I told myself that it was too big for me and I love my 6. The problem is, I can't stop thinking about the plus. I'm thinking I may return the 6 and order the 6 plus. Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

blasted11

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Kind of thinking about it. I love the 6,but I would also like a bigger screen since I don't have the best eyesight anymore. Honestly a 5 inch screen would have been perfect for me. Problem with the 6+ for me is pocket-ability and one handed use.
I'll probably stick with this one to avoid the hassle anyway. I could always upgrade next year.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I love my new iPhone 6, I really do. I waited all night for it. I originally wanted the 6 plus but my local Verizon store didn't get any so I got the 6. I played with a 6 plus at the Apple Store and I told myself that it was too big for me and I love my 6. The problem is, I can't stop thinking about the plus. I'm thinking I may return the 6 and order the 6 plus. Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

I went through a great deal of indecision about which one to get. I then spent a good long while talking to a friend of mine about how I use my device, the fact that I always use a case and very often an Otterbox, and how I carry it (suit or jeans pocket and in my purse only while outside my office building or while shopping) and I saw that the size of the 6+ would not be comfortable for me.

Once I made my decision it was obvious that it was the right one for me.

So I'm not regretting the one I picked.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Not even a little bit.

The 6 has been ideal for my needs and uses (and it fits just right in my pocket and my wife has a spot in her purse to put hers just right). Were we to go with the 6Plus, it just would have been too big. Maybe as a replacement for the iPad Mini....maybe...

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I have had a couple of moments since this morning in where I contemplated whether I should have bought the 6+ instead of the 6, but I am resolved to keeping with my original plan of keeping my 6 for now, and also purchasing a 6+ in November with my next upgrade, since I paid full price for my 6 so I did not have to use my upgrade.

I want the best of both sizes. I just need to be patient., which I am not the best at when it comes to new gadgets :)

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I too initially wanted the 6 Plus, but after putting the store demo in my pocket, I knew it just wasn't right. Beyond that, which I probably could have gotten over, the 6 just felt perfect in every way. But, like the Plus, the 6 is not for everybody, so if you'd rather have a Plus, absolutely return it for the Plus. It's better to pay the restocking fee than spend the lifetime of your phone wishing you would have opted for something else. Good luck.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I first wanted the 6+, got a 6+ and was happy about it... Then I went to the Apple Store and tested a 6 and compared to the 6+...

Result: the 6+ is really really awesome and I would never go smaller. I can't use it with one hand anymore easily, but everything else is much better!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
In going to try it out more at the store. If I am absolutely head over heels for it, I'll return it. If not, I won't. I'm sure I'll be able to do some sort of trade for one in a few months.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
For me the 6+ is just way to massive, could not use it as a primary phone. Maybe to replace a small tablet that has a built in phone, so a 2nd line. But could not see myself having to deal with it daily.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat! First mind said to preorder the 6+ and I didn't. Now I want it, bad!

LOL my philosophy was to get the 6+ and then use it for 4-5 days and if I absolutely can't handle the size I will return it for the 6. Always easier to start with the more premium version of something and then downgrade.

candy jar

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I briefly thought about the 6+, but knew I wanted the plain 6. I want portability and mobility. I like to carry a small purse and didn't want to have to search for a purse to fit my huge phone. I also like to keep my phone in the cupholder of my car. I figured if I really need screen space, there's my iPad or macBook. I am enjoying the 6--do not think I will ever want anything larger. When is a mobile phone too big to be practical? Maybe next will be an iPhone +++.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I considered the Plus for a brief moment just due to the specs. But then I saw the size difference when overlaid over the 5/5S.

Ordered a 6 without hesitation. Still had a very small doubt in my mind thinking it would be too close in size to my 5.

Then I received the 6 and all was forgotten. Couldn't be happier with the size. A nice noticeable increase from the 5, yet not overly gigantic that I can't put in my pocket or use one-handed from time to time.

Go with what feels best for YOU.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I was at best buy today and was looking at the iPhone 6. It just looks small now. I'm getting used to the 6 plus lol. I actually thought it was the 5s at first, I had to flip it over to see the back lol

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
If I was going to exchange my iPhone 6 for something else it would be an iPhone 5s. The iPhone 6 is already straddling the line of too large for me.

But, I love my iPhone 6.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234