Thinking about returning my new iPhone 6

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I am in the decision boat. But after playing with them i think the plus would be nice when at home, but for daily use i see it being to big. Not practical for things that i do. My opinion

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The fact you are having second thoughts about your 6 and would want to go for the 6+ is actually a decision for you to make.

I'm not sure if you misread it, but I didn't ask for someone to help make the decision. I asked if anyone else was thinking the same thing.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if you misread it, but I didn't ask for someone to help make the decision. I asked if anyone else was thinking the same thing.

His response was quite in keeping with the nature of the thread. Whilst you didn't ask for specific help deciding, the mere fact that you posted the question in the first place shows that you are undecided on whether you want to do it and are trying to decide by asking for info from others.

Semantics aside, personally no, I am very happy with my 4.7" 6. I went with the iPhone 6 because I had a Galaxy Note 3 which is approximately the same size as the iPhone 6+ and I thought was just ridiculously huge. I regretted buying that Note 3, not just for the stupidly large size but also because of the flaky OS (but that's a story for another day).

returns of what the 6 or plus or both?

The grass is always greener... Lots of people returning their 6 for 6+ and 6+ for 6. I even know of someone who returned their 6 for a 6+ then returned that 6+ and went back to the 6 again.

Also I saw this and just laughed and laughed and laughed.

Imaghghghge2.jpg

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
His response was quite in keeping with the nature of the thread. Whilst you didn't ask for specific help deciding, the mere fact that you posted the question in the first place shows that you are undecided on whether you want to do it and are trying to decide by asking for info from others.

Semantics aside, personally no, I am very happy with my 4.7" 6. I went with the iPhone 6 because I had a Galaxy Note 3 which is approximately the same size as the iPhone 6+ and I thought was just ridiculously huge. I regretted buying that Note 3, not just for the stupidly large size but also because of the flaky OS (but that's a story for another day).

The grass is always greener... Lots of people returning their 6 for 6+ and 6+ for 6. I even know of someone who returned their 6 for a 6+ then returned that 6+ and went back to the 6 again.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w217/highrisedrifter/Imaghghghge2.jpg

I love my new iPhone 6, I really do. I waited all night for it. I originally wanted the 6 plus but my local Verizon store didn't get any so I got the 6. I played with a 6 plus at the Apple Store and I told myself that it was too big for me and I love my 6. The problem is, I can't stop thinking about the plus. I'm thinking I may return the 6 and order the 6 plus. Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

My question was was to see if anyone was in the same boat as my. I didn't ask for an opinion on what I should do.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w217/highrisedrifter/Imaghghghge2.jpg

That's a drop waiting to happen lol

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
*quickly checks Otterbox cute case availability)

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

epicness4G

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I wanted the 6 plus for the death of me.. I wanted it so badly...

Then I saw it and immediately decided to get the 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I would stay with the 6. You said it yourself the Plus is too big. Is 0.8 of an inch really that worth it?

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
I would wait to see which one can last a full day... 18+ hours for some people...can then buy that one. We should not be tied to a charger. Whichever one can do that I would by two. I think they are both works or art and its always a personal choice when it comes to size but battery life should not be compromised.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
And this is why Apple loves releasing two sizes... They sell both to some people who made the mistake of not getting the one they wanted

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
My plus arrives on Thursday, will see which one I keep. Had the opportunity to play with a plus at the Apple Store, while big it was actually easier to type on for me.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the 6+ for about 7 hours before my 6 came in the mail. I had pretty much ruled out the 6+ by the time the 6 arrived and was sold on my decision after holding the 4.7" device.

I was conflicted because getting the newest iphone on release day each year always assured I had the BEST Apple had to offer from day one. This year is different. The 1080p, OIS, and near 3000 mAh battery "not" being on the device I chose makes me feel like I, *gulp*, settled.

I have to be honest with myself in how I use my phone. I am an 80% of the time one-handed user. If I am sitting down in the recliner or at a table then I use two hands. But walking, in the car, lying in bed, on the couch, etc I am one-handed. While I found typing to be a breeze on the 6+, there were many things I couldn't reach even with my Lebron James hands. I was using reach-ability A LOT. While it is a nice feature, it also meant that every time I needed an app at the top, to switch text recipients, use a back button, type in the browser, etc....I was now doing extra steps. That bothered me. It bothered me more than lack of OIS, or 1080p. It turned my fast and fluid IOS experience to a cumbersome one. I hated Android for what I felt were added steps. Now my IOS world was based off of them.

And there were other things that reach-ability didn't solve. It didn't pull down that sms quick reply option (though I could make all of my notifications appear as pop-ups as a solution), it didn't allow me to pull down notification center.

I do wish I had that screen size at times. Not gonna lie. But I don't foresee me giving up ease of use, efficiency, portability, etc for its benefits.

I'd type more.....but I am on my way to Verizon just to hold that 6+ one more time :cant-watch:

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I just came back from the Android side after having the LG G2 (which by the way is a great phone)... but I sorely missed iPhone after 9 months and decided on the 6 (64 gb) in Silver/White. When I put the 6 up against the LG G2 they were nearly identical in size. The G2 was about as big a phone as I would ever get... so the 6 Plus was immediately out of the picture. And, with a case on the 6 Plus... way out of the picture. I got the Tech 21 case for the 6 and it is absolutely the perfect size phone for me. Now all I have to do is get used to iOS again! I suspect that will take a few days of use.

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Friend of mine showed me the iPhone 6 and I thought it was just the right size.
I haven't seen the iPhone 6 Plus yet but I have cycled through four OnePlus One devices which has the same screen size as the 6+ and every time I have had the device I felt that it was too big so I think I am probably going to get a iPhone 6.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73