New iPhone 6 - Sync Issues

techiechick

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hiu Guys..
Moving from a 5s to a 6..
Restored from backup. Multiple syncs later, still not everything has transferred.

Apps - OK
Photos - OK
Contacts/Calendar - OK

Music playlists look ok (as far as which songs are in which playlist) but all my Videos & Music appear on the phone as that cloud/download icon! download-icon-214x214.png They won't sync to the device.

I'm not an Itunes Match user. These are just files on my mac that I want on my iPhone. The all used to sync to the 5s with no issues.

Any ideas?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Music and Movies don't sync if i'm not mistaken, you have to re-download them or re-sync with your PC or Mac. Just click on the cloud link to re- download.

techiechick

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to manually sync them from my mac to the iphone. I know that they are not part of the restore.
At that point, the new phone shouldn't be an issue - it's a straight sync.

Downloading them individually via the icon isn't an option - we're talking about over 6000 items! There has to be a better way....

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Restart the phone:

- hold power & home until the device restarts
- plug your phone into your Mac and let iTunes sync & copy over the apps. It took a good hour for my phone to finish copying all the apps, same with my wifes phone.

In iTunes make sure the songs you want are "checked" to sync, otherwise they won't sync over.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods