For Those Who Upgraded from 5s to the Regular 6

co_mtn_grl

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Was it worth it? I had my mind made up that I was going to stick with my 5s, it's a great phone and iOS is running great on it. But then I went into my local AT&T store and met the 6 in person. Needless to say, I ordered one.

I really enjoy my 5s but the bigger screen of the 6 is what sold me. I use a Kindle app on my phone plus all of the emailing, texting etc. and I figured the bigger screen would come in handy.

Are there any other noticeable improvements going from a 5s to the regular 6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I don't think the size difference is worthwhile. But the quality of screen is.

Then there's other things like Verizon voice and data, ac wifi, improved camera, and higher storage option. Apple pay will be coming soon.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The form is the greatest difference in my opinion. It just feels like it was meant to be handled and admired, rather than to be laid on a table and admired. Gone are the sharp edges, and my hands appreciate it.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
After I pre-ordered the 6 I felt "meh" because I was afraid I had basically just ordered the same phone I've had for the last several years (I've had all the iPhones since the 3GS) but quite frankly after getting it I'm thrilled. The larger screen is quite freeing.

I used my 5s to take some pics of my 6 this morning and already find that the 4 inch screen size is intolerable. Especially for typing.

Apple will have to have some pretty fancy tricks up its sleeve to get me to drop $749 again next year but I definitely think the screen size jump was worth it this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I went from a 5 to a 6 and I personally it is a nice noticeable size increase. The extra screen real estate, eventhough small is noticeable to me (more info on screen). Having and using the 6 for a couple of days now, I could not imagine myself using anything much larger for day to day use, and still be pocketable and somewhat useable with one hand.

To the OP - for *me* it was TOTALLY worth the upgrade (5 to 6). But it's such a personal choice, and the only way to truly know is to hold both in hand. Not looking at pictures. Not making cardboard cutouts. But hold the real. physical. phones. in. hand.

co_mtn_grl

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your input everyone. I did hold the 6 in the AT&T store and it makes the 5s feel tiny. The thinness of the 6 is also very appealing. I'm not one to have the "latest and the greatest" but this year it's different.

It wasn't a difficult choice for me to choose the 6, the Plus is just way too big for me.

I'm also looking forward to the improved camera and photo/video capabilities of the 6.

I'm pretty sure I made the right decision

CSI Guy

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it was worth it. The size difference is a lot. With my poor vision I had to have something bigger and the 6 is big enough for me to see without being too big. I really am glad that I upgraded. It is a little wider than the 5s and that also seems to make the screen seem larger also. It is just a fantastic upgrade one that I will be happy with for a long time. I bought two of them one for each network that I am with.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I really convinced myself I was going to stick with my 5s until the 6s came out and then see. However I had some downtime yesterday and went to the AT&T store and when I held the 6 I decided it was worth the upgrade. The screen makes the difference for me, clear, stunning. Especially as I am pushing 50 and it's easier on my eyes. My hands are small, so the size is a bit larger than I am used to, but will adjust. I find the phone very slippery so I ordered a bumper case with better grip from Amazon. It does not cost me to upgrade as I did the 5s Trade-In, but I don't regret the choice. The upgrade is worth it to me, and may be to use if you appreciate the quality change in the 6 over the 5s.

Okris30

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Got a 6 yesterday and imo it was worth it over my 5s. Better screen and the bigger screen is better for my eyes. Camera takes great pics too.

weblou

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I went from the 5s to the 6. And yes very worth it. 4.7" is the PERFECT screen size for me... Maybe 5" if they get the bezels smaller. :).
The screen looks soooo much better the it did on the the ip5s... Didn't expect that much of a difference. For this reason alone I say it's very worth it. Also it's probably the nicest iPhone so far. It's amazing how thin it is

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Was it worth it? I had my mind made up that I was going to stick with my 5s, it's a great phone and iOS is running great on it. But then I went into my local AT&T store and met the 6 in person. Needless to say, I ordered one.

I really enjoy my 5s but the bigger screen of the 6 is what sold me. I use a Kindle app on my phone plus all of the emailing, texting etc. and I figured the bigger screen would come in handy.

I am pleased with the screen quality and the battery so far is significantly better, though I didn't have issues with my 5S. The few photos I have taken thus far are significantly improved.

I am still having issues adjusting to the size, it is REALLY big, and I thought the 5S was too big, but I am a girl and wear girl pants (not skinny pants) and it's not pocketable. I also HATE the power button on the side with a ridiculous seething fury.

The NFC payment that is coming soon though, that was a huge selling point and why I bought.

willows3

Jun 10, 2010
www.myspace.com
If you have the money for it, go ahead! I came from an iPhone 5s as well and I just fell for the iPhone 6 right away. It looks amazing, feels great, and the larger screen really makes navigation a breeze. I have no regrets! The look and feel of the iPhone 6 really works for me :).

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Yes. The screen size jump alone is worth it. I love the larger 4.7" size compared to the stretched 4". My battery life also seems to be better than my 5s was. Plus the screen just seems a lot more crisp compared to the 5s.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I went from the 5s to the 6 and absolutely am satisfied with my decision. IOS 8, screen size, and the feel makes it a winner in my eyes. And here I thought a bigger screen would be a bad thing. Def glad that I was wrong.

Excuse my thumbs as they tap away on my "6" #SwipeLife

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711