For Those Who Upgraded from 5s to the Regular 6

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Wow you guys are giving me the itch all over again, going to have to stay out of the stores.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
The new screen size is a big improvement for me. Those that don't think its a big change probably have decent eye sight. Very happy.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
With out a doubt, I'm a very big fan of the 5s. but once I put the 6 in my hands, I was hook the phone is amazing.

TomK1965

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I guess I am one of a few who thinks moving from 5S to the 6 was not worth the upgrade. I purchased my 5S December 2014 at full price allowing me a free upgrade when the 6 went on pre-order. I received it on Friday and have been using it since. However, I decided to return it and wait until the 6S comes out next year. I always feel the "S" versions is when Apple corrects their mistakes from the first release and adds what should have been included originally. The 6 just does not offer enough for me to justify an upgrade and be stuck with the phone for two years. Apple Pay is interesting, but it will take months, if not years, for it to catch on and be widely accepted. The camera is slightly better, but not by much, especially for what I use it for. Yes, the screen is larger and offers more real estate, but the 4-inch size of the 5S is still fine for me at this time, I can wait to see if Apple updates the screen with the 6S. So, in my own personal opinion, it was not worth it.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I recently went all Apple dropped Android and windows 8 and couldn't be happier. I am using a 5s now but have a 6 coming this Thursday. I waited to hold one before I ordered and to me it's worth every penny! The size is perfect for me not too big or too small.

clealsgirl

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
I was the same as you and the others here who was convinced I would't get a 6 since I had just recently gotten a 64gb 5S. I didn't pre-order but my curiosity got the best to me and I ended up getting in line at 11:30 the night before launch and haven't regretted it at all!!

I absolutely LOVE the size and iOS 8. I realize iOS 8 works just fine on the 5S because I had the betas, but there's just something better about on the 6. I even got a 128gb - I'm still giving myself the side-eye about that - but I love every inch of this thing!

TomK1965

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Now that I am back using the 5S, I do find it to be a more comfortable phone to handle and use. Since I make and receive a lot of calls, the 5S is definitely better to hold against the ear than the iPhone 6. My friend has a Moto X with the same size screen, but the overall phone is smaller than the iPhone 6, making it easier to use (actually, it is very comfortable to hold). Even though I have no plans to switch to Android (tried it once, bad experience), I hope Apple takes the time to redesign their phones to reduce the overall size if they plan to only offer 4.7" and 5.5" phones. I'm afraid moving forward we may be neglected by Apple since we will become the minority.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I was 100% convinced I was NOT NOT NOT going to upgrade to the 6. I loved the 5s and in the leather case was just a perfect sized phone. I had some downtime and wanted to get out of the studio as I barely left for 4 days. Headed over to the AT&T store. Saw the 6+ and laughed, OMG huge.. but the 6 did not seem that big, thought it sounded bigger. Loved the slimmed down size, even though I and others find it very slippery. (case ordered). I had a free upgrade with trade in $300 for the 5s and $299 for the Gold 64GB so was a wash. The added screen space is nice for my tired old eyes. Sad to say I wish it was a tiny drop thicker for ease of use, especially with my pork sausage fingers, but I will adjust. I really do miss the 5s, it was and will always be one of the best of the iPhone lines. That being said, I adore the 6 and will learn to love it even more. The one thing I do however totally dislike is the on-off on the side. I can't stop hitting it accidentally.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Now that I am back using the 5S, I do find it to be a more comfortable phone to handle and use. Since I make and receive a lot of calls, the 5S is definitely better to hold against the ear than the iPhone 6. My friend has a Moto X with the same size screen, but the overall phone is smaller than the iPhone 6, making it easier to use (actually, it is very comfortable to hold). Even though I have no plans to switch to Android (tried it once, bad experience), I hope Apple takes the time to redesign their phones to reduce the overall size if they plan to only offer 4.7" and 5.5" phones. I'm afraid moving forward we may be neglected by Apple since we will become the minority.

Until they get over the "both bezels" need to be the same size mentality, their phones will always be larger because of the home button on the bottom

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I agree. Of course everyone's different, but the "6" is just too big for my taste and I hate the side (sleep/wake/on/off) button.

NGL, the side button bothered me for a second because it was harder to do screenshots and also i kept tapping the top when wanting to shut the screen off :mad: but it's not something so bothersome where i would return the phone. totally love the 6 and i understand how people with the 5s wouldn't upgrade. it's the form factor alone that made me upgrade from my 5s. the 6 is thin and sleek.

Jets69

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Good choice on upgrading to the 6 from the 5. Totally worth it!

The size is the perfect sweet spot IMO in terms of pocket ability, portability and being able to use it one handed if needed. I wanted the Plus for the screen but realized the size of it just wasn't manageable enough for me to use as a phone how I like to use it. As a daily driver I prefer the 4.7". Enjoy your new toy!

co_mtn_grl

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys! I am writing this from my new iPhone 6 :) I am on AT&T's Next plan and was eligible to upgrade.

I went into the AT&T store just to look at the 6, and I knew that the larger screen would be wonderful. My 5s was such a great phone, but the small screen wasn't as ideal for reading books, writing emails, etc. The AT&T store was sold out, so I stopped by a Best Buy and snagged the last AT&T iP6 they had :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR