Has Anybody Gotten "Hey Siri" To Work?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I turned on the necessary setting and I've been talking to a piece of metal for five minutes but she doesn't respond. Anybody else?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
re: Has Anybody Gotten "Hey Siri" To Work?

I have it working on my Air and 5C. Just a suggestion but after you toggle hey Siri on, try turning your device off/on and see if that gets it going, or maybe even do a hard reset may jog it free, so to speak. Good luck.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I have it working on my Air and 5C. Just a suggestion but after you toggle hey Siri on, try turning your device off/on and see if that gets it going, or maybe even do a hard reset may jog it free, so to speak. Good luck.

Also. I know this may sound stupid but you are plugged in and charging while trying to get hey Siri to work, right?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

I tried, but to no avail.

Also. I know this may sound stupid but you are plugged in and charging while trying to get hey Siri to work, right?

It only works when plugged in.

Funny enough, this was the problem. I initially thought it had to be plugged in, but I read an article that stated that the 6 and 6 Plus would work without the need to be connected to power. Apparently not.

Thank you guys, I appreciate it.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

On my 5s it did not work until after I turned it on.. turned it off and did a hard reset and then it worked.

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

You also have to make sure"allow Siri on lock screen" is activated. Mine didn't work till I found this and turned it back on.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It says that you have to be plugged into a power source for it to work. Which is stupid to me!

ddde3c87b975b9530e8af139b792dbdf.jpg

bjsstranger

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I've been having issues with my five. Everything is set up correctly and plugged in but sometimes nothing and sometimes it works. I've also had problems with Siri not recognizing the end of the command and waiting forever and it timing out.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
As others have mentioned you need to ensure that it's plugged in for it to work AND you need to allow Siri and any other features you wish to use under Settings>Touch ID & Passcode

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you've got to the bottom of the problem now, Jake.

Since getting my 5s, i've used Siri so much now it seems to have got way better at understanding everything I say. On my 5 I felt it was a bit of a let down.

Hey Siri is an excellent option that I have used quite a bit in the few days i've had it. Such a shame the "Raise to Activate Siri" function was removed though.