Has Anybody Gotten "Hey Siri" To Work?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad you've got to the bottom of the problem now, Jake.

Since getting my 5s, i've used Siri so much now it seems to have got way better at understanding everything I say. On my 5 I felt it was a bit of a let down.

Hey Siri is an excellent option that I have used quite a bit in the few days i've had it. Such a shame the "Raise to Activate Siri" function was removed though.

Thanks. I use Siri frequently as well and it would be great if she listened all the time like on the Moto X. If Motorola managed to do it with sufficient battery life, certainly Apple could've done the same.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
It is working like a charm for me. Have been using it since the early days of beta in my car while driving.

zedrax

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
While I agree that having this feature available while the phone is not plugged in makes a lot of sense in terms of usability, the battery drain it would cause would be impractical since every sound the mic picks up needs to be analyzed and processed. Can you imagine the trolling that would occur if you walk around an apple store yelling hey siri every few seconds? :D

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
While I agree that having this feature available while the phone is not plugged in makes a lot of sense in terms of usability, the battery drain it would cause would be impractical since every sound the mic picks up needs to be analyzed and processed. Can you imagine the trolling that would occur if you walk around an apple store yelling hey siri every few seconds? :D
The Moto X can do it. Apple should be able to do it as well. All Apple needs to do is add a low power coprocessor like the Moto X. Maybe this could be addressed in next year's 6S. That would make for a nice hardware upgrade.

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Also, Apple needs to have Hey Siri trained to respond to one voice and one voice only. Not only would that prevent trolling, but it would prevent activation by the television by accident, or deliberate pranksters setting alarms on your iPhone for 3 in the morning.

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Works on my 4s.
Funny thing too I was using the cnn app watching some news they were talking about Syria. I had my phone charging. Everyonce in a while when the news reported would say Syria it would I guess sound like "hey Siri" and activate Siri. Lol

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site

This actually made me laugh. I have only been inside one Apple store (annapolis), but there must be at least 50 iphones/ipads plugged in. It would be funny to go into the store and start saying "Hey Siri"

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I turned on the necessary setting and I've been talking to a piece of metal for five minutes but she doesn't respond. Anybody else?
I had to turn "Hey Siri" off on my iPhone, it broke with iOS 8.3, and I'm positive it's software because I was still on an iPhone 5 when it happened, and it persists with my iPhone 6. It would randomly activate in my car while I'm listening to music from the phone, and yet fail to activate when I actually say "Hey Siri" while driving (and the phone plugged into power).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had to turn "Hey Siri" off on my iPhone, it broke with iOS 8.3, and I'm positive it's software because I was still on an iPhone 5 when it happened, and it persists with my iPhone 6. It would randomly activate in my car while I'm listening to music from the phone, and yet fail to activate when I actually say "Hey Siri" while driving (and the phone plugged into power).

You must have set up your 6 from your 5 back up and the bug came along.

riotryan90

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Well it's funny that you've had problems getting it to work cause "Hey Siri" works for me without being plugged into power. I'm not sure why but it does! No I ain't jailbroke on my iPad iOS 8.3 at he time of writing this there isn't a jailbrake for 8.3. But oh and by the way Motorola has been owned by Google for a good few years now. Just letting you know. Though I would say there's probably Motorola employees still working for them.