Played around with a 6+ today

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Went to my local Apple Store today (yes there is still a line) and played with a 6+. When they first announced the devices I figured the 6+ would be the device I get with being used to large android phones over the last year. But seeing size comparisons made me preorder the 6. I figured I couldn't go wrong with the 6 but I could with the 6+. Well after holding the 6+ I have to say I'm glad I didn't get it. It's nice but just as my gut told me, I wouldn't be in love with the size. It's a good device that will definitely appeal to users who like note like devices and for those that may consider not carrying both a phone and tablet. I will say the landscape features do look nice but enough to make me want a device that big.

As I noted above, my Apple Store still has a line for walk ins. I really don't get it because they can reserve devices right now for in store pickup there. But anyhow, looks like sales numbers should continue to crush. Gotta get to installing my xtreme guard protector.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Went to my local Apple Store today (yes there is still a line) and played with a 6+. When they first announced the devices I figured the 6+ would be the device I get with being used to large android phones over the last year. But seeing size comparisons made me preorder the 6. I figured I couldn't go wrong with the 6 but I could with the 6+. Well after holding the 6+ I have to say I'm glad I didn't get it. It's nice but just as my gut told me, I wouldn't be in love with the size. It's a good device that will definitely appeal to users who like note like devices and for those that may consider not carrying both a phone and tablet. I will say the landscape features do look nice but enough to make me want a device that big.

As I noted above, my Apple Store still has a line for walk ins. I really don't get it because they can reserve devices right now for in store pickup there. But anyhow, looks like sales numbers should continue to crush. Gotta get to installing my xtreme guard protector.

Agreed. Maybe next year I'll go up. But this year I went conservative with the 6.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. Maybe next year I'll go up. But this year I went conservative with the 6.

Yeah 4.7-5 has been the sweet spot for me for the last year or so so using the Lg G3 was pushing it even though they designed it pretty good for a 5.5 inch screen. I honestly don't see myself going to a bigger iphone unless apple slims out the bezels to fit a bigger screen in a smaller size OR they have substantial functional differences otherwise I'm going to stay here for a while.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah 4.7-5 has been the sweet spot for me for the last year or so so using the Lg G3 was pushing it even though they designed it pretty good for a 5.5 inch screen. I honestly don't see myself going to a bigger iphone unless apple slims out the bezels to fit a bigger screen in a smaller size OR they have substantial functional differences otherwise I'm going to stay here for a while.

Yup. I picked up a 6+ at Best Buy and dropped it within seconds. If it hadn't been tethered it would have fallen on the floor. Tells me it's not a fit for me.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

I would definitely love to see Apple do to the iphone what LG did to the LG G3 with almost no bezel. I would be all over that in a heartbeat. I had a G3 a few months ago on my second line and loved that the 5.5 inch screen did not make the phone feel like the Note 2 or 3, but more like a GS5.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely love to see Apple do to the iphone what LG did to the LG G3 with almost no bezel. I would be all over that in a heartbeat. I had a G3 a few months ago on my second line and loved that the 5.5 inch screen did not make the phone feel like the Note 2 or 3, but more like a GS5.

Yup that's why I got the G3. They were able to fit 5.5 into a form that was surprisingly smaller than it should. I agree and think apple should think about that. We probably wouldn't see anything like think until the 7 though. But the top and bottom bezels have been a little unnecessarily wider for a while now. Time to slim them down some more.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2