anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Usually with a phone the carrier insists on a signature- I am very surprised AT&T doesn't. That all being said you are lucky that they are replacing that quickly- while i agree the situation stinks I think you are lucky that they are replacing

Att always requires a signature every time I get a phone shipped. All Apple phones require a signature! At least with ups. UPS will not release a Apple product without obtaining a signature. Very surprised fedex would?

Aaron Starr

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Some of those drivers are horrible. They'll leave your stuff at the door and forge a signature.

Correct.. I've called UPS and FedEx many times over this and they told me that it's up to the driver decision if he feels the area is safe to leave the package or not.

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
How could the FedEx driver possibly think that it was ok to leave an iPhone unattended? Lame.
Glad you're getting a replacement.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Apple required a signature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. That's the reason I teleworked on Friday. Couldn't be "sick" because I had too much going on. I was here to sign for it.

I'll have my MacBook Pro delivered the same way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad

2BTs4Me

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine from Apple and the UPS guy dropped it on the porch and didn't even knock on the door or ring the doorbell. I discovered it there an hour later. I found out the time it was delivered after checking the tracking info. I was so annoyed.

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
My last 2 IPhones delivered on launch day, left on front porch also. The UPS guy didn't knock or ring doorbell either. IPhone 5s was through Apple and my 6+ was through Sprint. The only reason I knew it was there was by checking my UPS status. The crazy, crazy part is it had been raining for a couple of days, and delivery guy thought it was ok to leave on my covered porch although my porch was wet. It really ticked me off.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I left a note for the FedEx guy to leave mine if no one was home. I have 2 entry doors into my apartment so I asked that they leave it behind the first. If not, take it to the leasing office and they'll sign for it. Well he left behind the door as I preferred. Sorry to hear about the bad luck.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
All delivery services need work. I couldn't tell you how many packages I have had left on my porch with out anyone being home for about 10 hours. Damn shame. Glad you are getting a replacement

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine from Apple and the UPS guy dropped it on the porch and didn't even knock on the door or ring the doorbell. I discovered it there an hour later. I found out the time it was delivered after checking the tracking info. I was so annoyed.

I work for ups there is no way ups would drop the package on the porch without obtaining a signature. Our diads will not let us release the package without getting a signature. Unless you did a e signature. And then we take the signed paper off the door and leave the package.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
All delivery services need work. I couldn't tell you how many packages I have had left on my porch with out anyone being home for about 10 hours. Damn shame. Glad you are getting a replacement

If you live in a driver release area then there is nothing wrong releasing the package without obtaining a signature. We do it for the customer. If you file a claim then things change and you will have to be home at the time of delivery to sign for it or back to the center it goes. You'll get 3 attempts total then it goes back to the shipper. Of course you could pick it up at the center after the driver gets back say after 730 pm. Inconvenience right? if you live in a apartment then things change. You should obtain a signature unless the shipper puts in the system driver release. And that pops up in our diad also. Ups is pretty legit. Along with fedex.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Never once asked for shipper release. Always asked for a signature yet they leave it.

It's up to the shipper to put that into the system. Not up to ups. It all goes of the delivery scan. Everything pops up in our board. You could always call ups and tell them that you want to be a signature only delivery. Wouldn't recommend it but up to you. Unless someone is always home at your place?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Every device I have ever had shipped from Apple or carrier always required a signature. But a few years ago that has changed so I now ship to the office vs home.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I won't get into a debate over who is not doing what and what They are not doing. But leaving packages when signature is required. Leaving boxes out in the open on a step. IMO shippers have changed over the years. Maybe over taxed that they don't care much as they did before. Or maybe new drivers. But it is what it is. Now I only deal with one on one at office

k1ward

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I had an iPad Air throw over a locked 7 foot high gate to the vacant store front next to my office. The drivers don't care, they just want to get their route done.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods