morffi72

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Had a bad day. I was supposed to get a new phone delivered today but someone decided to steal it from my front door. :mad: My fault I guess, I didn't know FedEx and AT&T didn't require a signature. After hours on the phone with both companies, I'll be getting another 1 in a week or 2. Bs

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Had a bad day. I was supposed to get a new phone delivered today but someone decided to steal it from my front door. :mad: My fault I guess, I didn't know FedEx and AT&T didn't require a signature. After hours on the phone with both companies, I'll be getting another 1 in a week or 2. Bs

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry. What a nightmare. I am seriously losing faith in humanity lately....so sorry.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Usually with a phone the carrier insists on a signature- I am very surprised AT&T doesn't. That all being said you are lucky that they are replacing that quickly- while i agree the situation stinks I think you are lucky that they are replacing

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, there are people out there who have little to no regard for things that belong to other people. Thou shall not covet means nothing to them. Fortunately, you'll be getting another one delivered soon. Be there to receive it this time...:)...Take care.

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
That's awful. Glad they're sending another. FedEx asked for my signature. I'm with AT&T

Sent from my Silver iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Im with AT&T and FedEx did not require a signature for my delivery. Luckily my son was home to bring it inside. I wonder why it's so inconsistent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Apple always requires signature regardless of who ( UPS or FEDEX) delivers it.

AT&T doesn't require signature.

ALWash83

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday when UPS delivered I wasn't home but my mom was. She said the delivery guy didn't knock on the door, he was going to leave my phone on the steps but she knew I was expecting a package & got it. Then UPS sends an email saying it had been delivered & "Left at front door".

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I would think that an Apple product would require signature. Especially seeing how much they cost. I'm sorry that happen but at least it won't be on you. People are disgusting sometimes.

Yesterday when UPS delivered I wasn't home but my mom was. She said the delivery guy didn't knock on the door, he was going to leave my phone on the steps but she knew I was expecting a package & got it. Then UPS sends an email saying it had been delivered & "Left at front door".

Oh! They do this to me ALL the time!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Some of those drivers are horrible. They'll leave your stuff at the door and forge a signature.

I don’t know about the forgery thing, but I have had several packages disappear from my porch in a gated community. The UPS drivers swear they left them, but they were no where to be found. I work from home, and am home all day, every day. Most of the time, they don’t even ring the bell. Fortunately, I was watching for the UPS guy with my iPhone 6 Plus, and opened the door has he approached the porch.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I don?t know about the forgery thing, but I have had several packages disappear from my porch in a gated community. The UPS drivers swear they left them, but they were no where to be found. I work from home, and am home all day, every day. Most of the time, they don?t even ring the bell. Fortunately, I was watching for the UPS guy with my iPhone 6 Plus, and opened the door has he approached the porch.

A friend of mine had the forgery thing happen to her. UPS guy didn't ring the bell and left the package at the door. She got the delivery notification and checked to see who signed and it was her last name. She was glad to have her package so she left it alone but if it were me...😤😤

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Usually with a phone the carrier insists on a signature- I am very surprised AT&T doesn't. That all being said you are lucky that they are replacing that quickly- while i agree the situation stinks I think you are lucky that they are replacing

Yeah you would think AT&T would require signatures on these very expensinve phones they ship, but in reality, they dont enforce it and leave the option of requiring a signature to the discretion of the individual FedEx drivers. I have been through this a few times with AT&T in the past where I cam home from work and found my new phone sitting at my front door.

@morffi72.....I am really sorry that happened to you and I am sure whomever stole it will get some well deserved bad karma ten fold. Glad AT&T is at least trying to rectify things for you. Hope all works out.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
A friend of mine had the forgery thing happen to her. UPS guy didn't ring the bell and left the package at the door. She got the delivery notification and checked to see who signed and it was her last name. She was glad to have her package so she left it alone but if it were me...

At the risk of a fraud investigation, I might have reported the package as missing just to see how it worked out. :)

April M1

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
That is awful!!! I have to say I guess I am lucky. One day I got a package (first day moving into the house) and It said it arrived at my house so I went outside and looked all around to see that the guy had hid it infront of my house behind some bricks. So ever since then he leaves it there for me. Nobody will ever see it, and even boxes blend into the bricks so it's not like they would find it if they tried. He's a clever guy.

idrazz856

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm really sorry that happened to you! I am so surprised that Att doesn't require a signature- for an iPhone no doubt! I'm glad I ordered directly from Apple and was fortunate enough to be home when my phone arrived.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry this happened to you. I'm glad that both companies are going to make it right for you. Enjoy your new iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox