Screen Protectors problems with IP6

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
This is what I have on my phone...fits the flat part of the glass without lifting around the edges.

iPhone 6 Screen Protector, Spigen? [Full HD] iPhone 6 (4.7) Screen Protector [Crystal Clear][3-PACK]**JAPANESE BASE PET FILM** High Definition (HD) [LIFETIME WARRANTY] Premium Ultra Clear Front Screen Protector for iPhone 6 (4.7) (2014) - Crystal CR (SGP10927) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JH87XB...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2364353

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I got my iPhone Friday night and had Verizon put on their glass one. Honestly wasn't too happy with it. Went back to the store cause it was peeling up they put a new one on so I went back yesterday cause it happened again. Long story short I went through 3 Verizon glass ones and finally settled on a zagg hdx screen protector. Not to happy with any of them so far though as they all have a big gap between the case and the screen protector.

Is the HDx staying in place around the edges?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
This is what I have on my phone...fits the flat part of the glass without lifting around the edges.

iPhone 6 Screen Protector, Spigen? [Full HD] iPhone 6 (4.7) Screen Protector [Crystal Clear][3-PACK]**JAPANESE BASE PET FILM** High Definition (HD) [LIFETIME WARRANTY] Premium Ultra Clear Front Screen Protector for iPhone 6 (4.7) (2014) - Crystal CR (SGP10927) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JH87XB...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2364647

Can you post photos of the coverage? I cancelled my order of those bec they said it wouldn't extend beyond the active screen

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to wait until I get home tonight but I can for sure. If you're looking at the phone straight on, it runs right along the edge of the active screen. If you tilt the phone you can see the edge of the screen protector but it's not bad. I would much rather see that than it be too big and the edges not stick because of the curved edges

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Just had a second tempered glass protector put on by Verizon and there was lint dead center of the screen which drove me nuts. Removed the protector and got everything lint free but now the lower right corner of the protector is split. The adhesive seems to be separating from the glass. Into the trash it goes and I'm out 20 bucks as Verizon won't refund me.

UPDATE: Called in and complained to Verizon Customer Service and was refunded 7 dollars and was told this was a one time thing and they will never do me this favor again. They saw I got the protector and a replacement at my local store which was a corporate one. But honestly this was a waste of my money and a frustrating experience. 7 dollars is not cutting it for me but better than nothing.

I suspect if you would have taken the phone in with the protector still on it and showed them the lint they would have installed another one for you since it was their screw up. I have the same problem with my Zagg shield I had put on at Best Buy- there is a piece of lint right over the battery indicator. I've tried to ignore it but I'm too OCD about my phone and every time I pick my phone up I look right at it. I'm going in there tomorrow with my receipt and show them the lint. I fully expect them to replace it. It's a shame too because the protector is aligned perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mactracker1138

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I suspect if you would have taken the phone in with the protector still on it and showed them the lint they would have installed another one for you since it was their screw up. I have the same problem with my Zagg shield I had put on at Best Buy- there is a piece of lint right over the battery indicator. I've tried to ignore it but I'm too OCD about my phone and every time I pick my phone up I look right at it. I'm going in there tomorrow with my receipt and show them the lint. I fully expect them to replace it. It's a shame too because the protector is aligned perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh they did indeed replace it only for it to get reinstalled with more lint and peel off again all in the span of two days. I realized I was in a losing battle so I tried to get a refund but got shot down and the store clerk told me this was an exception that they were replacing it. Could I have gone to the store again for round 3? Perhaps. But the way it's constructed leaves the door wide open for the same scenario to occur again. It's really frustrating because the feel of that glass protector was quite good. The look, fit and finish, well that's why we're all here on this topic. I'm like you, can not tolerate any lint under the protector. It distracts me to no end.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
A couple more...

Screen on, straight ahead...

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413158864.427807.jpg

Screen on and tilted a little, you can kinda see the edge of the protector a little....doesn't bother me at all though.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413158916.271625.jpg

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

At the top is the worst. I have a spot at bottom left where the protector doesn't sit flat on the phone (not sticking). Had the same thing at the top right that I couldn't get past. But at the bottom I don't even notice it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2