Screen Protectors problems with IP6

mactracker1138

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Just had a second tempered glass protector put on by Verizon and there was lint dead center of the screen which drove me nuts. Removed the protector and got everything lint free but now the lower right corner of the protector is split. The adhesive seems to be separating from the glass. Into the trash it goes and I'm out 20 bucks as Verizon won't refund me.

UPDATE: Called in and complained to Verizon Customer Service and was refunded 7 dollars and was told this was a one time thing and they will never do me this favor again. They saw I got the protector and a replacement at my local store which was a corporate one. But honestly this was a waste of my money and a frustrating experience. 7 dollars is not cutting it for me but better than nothing.

Last edited:

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why the employees at these stores don't care enough to apply the screen protector properly. I had Verizon apply one for me and it took 30 minutes for me to fix it. They just don't care.

mactracker1138

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why the employees at these stores don't care enough to apply the screen protector properly. I had Verizon apply one for me and it took 30 minutes for me to fix it. They just don't care.

The first employee applied mine while doing an activation of someone else's line. The second application was done out of sight. I assume he just put the one I took of and brought back on my phone again hoping I wouldn't notice.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Zagg glass today, I slid open the tray and saw it, and could tell it wasn't big enough so I immediately put it back. It's smaller than the cheapy one I have on my screen now, that doesn't even cover the screen. I wonder if I can return it. I won't use it, because that's simply unacceptable.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
If the zagg is installed correctly it covers the active portion of the screen. It is case friendly and understandably away from the curved edges a bit but looks fine to me. The plastic screen type gets a bit closer to the edges but it is no concern for me.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
See I want it to be almost to the edges of my case. Just covering the "active portion" is not good enough. Sh!t can happen to the edges too.

I hate these massive cutouts too.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
The problem is like the line of the screen protector lands on the top of the screen like a rainbow color line is there where the screen protector ends on the left side of the screen doesn't bother a lot but like I'm really anal with my phones and any spec i see i start using tape to clean behind the screen! I cant do anything to the line on top of the lcd screen the rainbowish color but hopefully once zagg or another company gets a screen protector that actually covers the whole lcd screen I'll change to that later

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
So it seems almost everyone having the same problem as me tiny spots of the active screen isn't being covered by the screen protector, probably because it is a new iPhone design screen protectors aren't perfect yet and need more working to make sure that the whole protector covers the active screen... Once they improve the protecters which probably be around 2 to 3 months ill get a new zagg glass...

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I emailed Zagg to see if I can return this. I didn't use it, and I won't be. I just got an email from Spigen that their screen protectors will be a while longer but still won't cover the entire screen (even their Crystal ones) so I am going to try to cancel my order for those.

I see no acceptable reason why a FILM one can't cover more of the screen.

mactracker1138

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I think to be safe, for now, it's best to get some cheap temporary screen protectors and make the big purchases for high end screen protectors at a later time. It's clear these companies don't have them ready to go yet and they aren't cheap. At this rate some people will spend as much on protectors as they would to have a screen replaced at the Apple Store. After my tempered glass debacle, I'm going to rely on my Otter Box which has a raised lip around the screen and see how this all plays out.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Yea, but what i meant it didn't cover the lcd screen like in the left side around starting the middle of the phone you can see the line of the screen protector on top of the LCD, and all 3 were like that and they all were aligned well.. I think later on these companies will probably once they now know how the phone looks and is, they can stretch a tiny bit more just in case if it isn't aligned it covers the whole LCD screen not talking about the bezel areas. Its just the buttom left area but like I said a tiny bit, the installers said they having little problems with the iphone 6 or 6 plus black because you can't tell where the lcd sides are....

I had the zagg glass installed at the mall zagg kiosk. Then had to go back once as the alignment was off and you could see the active screen outside the protection when you tilted the phone to the right. Then it was correct. It now covers the complete active screen with a visible buffer around all sides.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Well just got my 4th zagg glass installed!! And finally they aligned perfectly that it protects the active screen! Some minor specs which i already fixed but kind of messed up the corners of the protector but that doesn't bother me as long there is very minor to no specs behind the protector on the active screen! Sorry I'm very ocd with this stuff hahah hate it through!

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I emailed Zagg to see if I can return this. I didn't use it, and I won't be. I just got an email from Spigen that their screen protectors will be a while longer but still won't cover the entire screen (even their Crystal ones) so I am going to try to cancel my order for those.

I see no acceptable reason why a FILM one can't cover more of the screen.

Unfortunately no glass screen protector will cover the entire face of the phone because of how the glass curves all around, the screen protectors will only cover the flat part of the screen

Last edited:

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately no glass screen protector will cover the entire face of the phone because of how the glass curves all around, the screen protectors will only cover the flat part of the screen

Bull Poo! The screen has notably more area before the curve starts. Most screen protectors today cover ONLY the visible area, and just barely. This 1. makes them hard to align, and 2. you can see the edge of the protector if you are not looking directly at the screen. Just a slight twist and you get a glaring line down inside the side of your visible screen area.

This is unacceptable. I'm not worried about covering the rounded edges of the screen, and there ARE protectors that do go over the rounded edge too. At least the protector should cover the screen better than the current one's on the market! This would allow better fit of some cases on the market and still cover the screen in a fully unseen method. no matter the angle of the phone when you view it. Plus provide an easier alignment task when applying the screen protectors.

Major issues by the Chinese in my opinion as it seems 100% of all screen protectors are made over there these days. They just don't give a flying rip how good of a job they do!

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I got my iPhone Friday night and had Verizon put on their glass one. Honestly wasn't too happy with it. Went back to the store cause it was peeling up they put a new one on so I went back yesterday cause it happened again. Long story short I went through 3 Verizon glass ones and finally settled on a zagg hdx screen protector. Not to happy with any of them so far though as they all have a big gap between the case and the screen protector.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Yea thats how mine is too a small gap on my left side no biggie through.. Check out mineView attachment 65434

That's almost exactly the same gap around the edge as my ZAGG Glass SP has. These glass products have to be installed PERFECTLY or you have one edge of the SP hanging slightly over the curvature of the screen, and aside from making OCD people like me crazy...it also makes it vulnerable to chips & actually getting caught on things & lifting off since it can't adhere to anything. Heck, it took my very friendly & equally OCD Best Buy salesman four separate installations to get it done on mine...and it's still not 100% perfect.

All the glass SP's have a gap, and all will be a PITA to install perfectly due to the curved edges of the phone screen. Companies like iLoome have glass SPs that follow the curvature, but make it impossible to use most any case on your iPhone. Hope someone finds a way to do it right sometime soon. But, until then...

mactracker1138

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I got my iPhone Friday night and had Verizon put on their glass one. Honestly wasn't too happy with it. Went back to the store cause it was peeling up they put a new one on so I went back yesterday cause it happened again. Long story short I went through 3 Verizon glass ones and finally settled on a zagg hdx screen protector. Not to happy with any of them so far though as they all have a big gap between the case and the screen protector.

This happened to me at Verizon to and I finally gave up. They wouldn't refund me. Done with screen protectors for now until they can perfect their designs. These things are too expensive to be lifting off so easily.

Marcus Vasquez

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I am waiting for an anti gloss protector. Hopefully a good will come out soon. Using the otter box right screen protector doesn't work as well with texting

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR