IPhone 6: reviews and first impressions

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Got a chance to get some time with my niece's Gold 6.

I now believe that 4.7 should be smallest size offered. I never really A+B'd a 6 with a 5S until now. I think the 6 is a great upgrade from the 5S. I had felt if the 6 Plus wasn't offered that I wouldn't have upgraded from a 5S.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I’ve had my Silver 128GB iPhone 6 for a few weeks and I am really satisfied with it. I like the 4.7-inch screen, the improved performance, the improved keyboard, the improved battery and Touch ID. I also like the design of the phone.

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Apart from syncs what are the other qualities that you see in iphone 6 which are missing in BlackberryZ30.

What do you mean by "syncs"? I personally see a lot of qualities that the iPhone has over the Z30, for me personally A humongous difference in ecosystem, for starters.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm feeling a little ambivalent about my iPhone 6. Coming from a 5 it's a big upgrade in terms of the battery, which is a huge plus! The battery in my 5 was pretty much shot...it would barely last just a few hours so I knew I needed a new phone. I thought I would like the bigger screen but so far I'm still not warmed up to it (4 days so far of using it). My hands are pretty small...while I can reach the corners okay, it's definitely not as comfortable as it was with the 5 and using it one-handed (which I do almost all the time). It's also a little wide for me to get a good grip on it, and I feel that it's just too thin for its size, even when using a case. I much prefer the 5/5s design (I liked the sharp edges) so I'm thinking about returning it for that. At least I'd still have Touch ID. But I'm not sure...Apple Pay looks interesting and I might actually start using it...so, decisions haha. Build-wise, I think the 6 is a little too cheap and flimsy and just looks "bleh" to me compared to the 5/5s.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm feeling a little ambivalent about my iPhone 6. Coming from a 5 it's a big upgrade in terms of the battery, which is a huge plus! The battery in my 5 was pretty much shot...it would barely last just a few hours so I knew I needed a new phone. I thought I would like the bigger screen but so far I'm still not warmed up to it (4 days so far of using it). My hands are pretty small...while I can reach the corners okay, it's definitely not as comfortable as it was with the 5 and using it one-handed (which I do almost all the time). It's also a little wide for me to get a good grip on it, and I feel that it's just too thin for its size, even when using a case. I much prefer the 5/5s design (I liked the sharp edges) so I'm thinking about returning it for that. At least I'd still have Touch ID. But I'm not sure...Apple Pay looks interesting and I might actually start using it...so, decisions haha. Build-wise, I think the 6 is a little too cheap and flimsy and just looks "bleh" to me compared to the 5/5s.

I agree with everything you said about the 5s being a nice phone and the size suits you better. But the 6 being cheap and flimsy looking I don't agree with. I think if you compare it with any device of the same size it tops them all.

Vic Rivera

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
So, I took the plunge and got a IPhone 6 yesterday.

Best effing decision I ever made. I had the Sony Z3v and was totally unhappy. Phone was super fast and had great features, but in the end I'm not an android type of guy.

Not taking anything away from the operating system, just not my taste.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my Verizon Silver 128GB iPhone 6 from eBay. It's not my daily driver as I have a 6 Plus for that. I use my 6 with my T-Mobile prepaid service for the times when I want a smaller phone to use for the day. I like the 6 a lot and think Apple did a nice job with it. It's the perfect in between device for someone that prefers a larger phone but not one as big as the 6 Plus. After using my 6 Plus for the past 3 weeks my 6 does feel small to me now, lol.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk.

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Have had my 6 since Wed. Battery has been horrendous. 4 hrs of usage time. How many charges before you guys noticed the battery settling in? Otherwise I love it. If battery doesn't improve I will move to the 6+.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
i've bought ip 6+, but it is really uncomfortable to pocket it, some review says that it will be distorted when i try to put it in jean, i really worry about that

As long as you don't wear extremely skinny jeans or put the phone in your back pocket, it shouldn't bend. That's just a giant overblown situation anyway :)

essay2u

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
As long as you don't wear extremely skinny jeans or put the phone in your back pocket, it shouldn't bend. That's just a giant overblown situation anyway :)

Agreed. I put my 6+ in my jeans all the time - granted they're not crazy tight - just fitted. No problemo

sladyrko

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Using it for a week and LOVE IT! Last my 2 phones were Android, and can't explain how happy I am with this thing.. No lags and problems.. Works amazing. Battery life is amazing.. So happy I came back to iPhone.. And the most important - size.. Was sick from bricks after Note 2 and Note 3.. This is perfect size for me.. Or 5" with smaller bazels will be better but who cares.. :)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Have had my 6 since Wed. Battery has been horrendous. 4 hrs of usage time. How many charges before you guys noticed the battery settling in? Otherwise I love it. If battery doesn't improve I will move to the 6+.

For me it took about 3 full charges before I got what I consider the true reading. I usually get about 7 to 10 hours of usage and anywhere from 1 to 2 days of standby time with my iPhone 6. Give it some time before you give up on the 6 especially if you like the size of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2