IPhone 6: reviews and first impressions

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Without launching into a full review, I have to say...I LOVE this phone!!! I've got a 64GB Space Grey iPhone 6. It's currently wearing a Tech21 Classic Case and an Invisible Shield Glass screen protector.

I've come over to the iPhone from an HTC One M7, my first phone. I already owned an iPad mini retina, from earlier this year.

This device is just a joy to use, and I haven't stopped playing with it It's sooo fast and fluid. The design looks and feels so good to me that I can't understand the complaints

The camera is amazing and I'm impressed with almost every photo. Video quality is particularly impressive in 1080p, and 240fps slow motion. The microphones seem to be pretty good too.

Another aspect of this phone that has pleased me would be the main speaker. It sounds just as good overall as my One's speakers, which is saying something as they are the best on a phone. The only problem with them is the horrible placement! It's so easy to cover and completely mute the sound. That said, that hadn't been a problem yet.

The screen looks phenomenal, so accurate (to my eyes). The One had an also excellent display though. It was also a MUCH higher pixel density. I can only notice the difference when I'm right up close to my iPhone though, and anyone who says the iPhone isn't sharp enough is being too picky IMO. What I love about this screen is that it looks like a sticker, so close to the surface.

Battery life is probably the only so-so part about this phone. For the few days I've had it, it's lasted long enough. But it's nothing special, and I would certainly be more comfortable with some extra time. At least charging is fast!

The software side of things lives up to my expectations. iOS 8 is a great OS and continuity/handoff work pretty well with my iPad. The main issue with software so far has been in the apps. A majority of mine still haven't been updated to the new resolutions. None of the Google apps. This isn't a huge problem; the apps are still fully functional. All it does is break the otherwise coherent and enjoyable experience.

All in all, very happy with my big and unnecessary purchase

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Man I want to trade my gold 16g for a space grey . Liking the iPhone so far and battery has been doing great.

me too!!! but gold was the only one available when I pre-ordered. I didn't want to wait until Halloween.
Or the silver. I don't mind the white face. Is the gold that bothers me

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I am extremely happy with my 128GB silver 6. I never had a white faced phone before but found I was drawn to the silver 5S ever since the colored ring around the home button. I like the contrast of the black screen to the white face when the phone is turned off as well.

I have gotten used to the size of the phone, or should say that it seems like it has been the phone I have used forever. It feels just as good in my hand as the 5/5S did. But once I pick up my wife's iphone 5, I realize that the bump in screen size really is something to appreciate.

Everything thus far has been superb, from the speaker quality, to the screen resolution, speed, etc. Having 128GB is something I have been pining for (currently using 81.7GB). I also appreciate the added bit of brightness for when using in the sunlight.

No complaints. Deep within I wish that I would have preferred the 6 plus for everyday use because there are times where having that huge screen would be appreciated. But in the end, for the way I use my phone, the 6 ended up best for me. But there is no doubt, whether you settle on the 6 or 6 plus, you are getting a phenomenal phone. Well done Apple.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Wow.. Mine is not even close to that. Do you put it on Airplane mode throughout the day or something? Impressive.

Wish my 6's battery was like that.

Surprisingly I don't it varies from day to day use. That's the highest usage I've gotten but on average I usually getting around 9 or 10 on screen hours depending on what I'm doing. It seems like if I spread my usage throughout the day I get more on screen where as if I used consistently for a few hours ex. Watching Netflix it'll drain quicker.

Maladroit23

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Wow. I'm impressed by how many great reviews the iPhone 6 has received in this thread. Bendgate and Hairgate kind of turned me off to it, but now I'm considering an upgrade.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow. I'm impressed by how many great reviews the iPhone 6 has received in this thread. Bendgate and Hairgate kind of turned me off to it, but now I'm considering an upgrade.

Every iPhone the Internet feeds off some non sense about the device normally created by some half arse guy who wants views on a you tube channel

royaletag

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Last two weeks i am using it, unlike other iphone, i phone 6 battery life is outstanding. I really liked its 8 mp camera, it helps me lot to take my family photos in Diwali

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Been a while.. will concentrate on positives only.

Size is great
Battery life is outstanding, can use it for 2-days and still be 89%
Zoom is great for my aging eyes
Touch is working very well, much more responsive.
Siri is vastly improved, much better accuracy.
Love the widgets, when I can remember to use them, that will take time.

mrjoeltan

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Been a while.. will concentrate on positives only.

Size is great
Battery life is outstanding, can use it for 2-days and still be 89%
Zoom is great for my aging eyes
Touch is working very well, much more responsive.
Siri is vastly improved, much better accuracy.
Love the widgets, when I can remember to use them, that will take time.

2 days? I barely got my iPhone 6 to last 16 hours yesterday. Although I do play games and use it for Instagram and texting etc. while I'm on my downtime from classes..

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
2 days? I barely got my iPhone 6 to last 16 hours yesterday. Although I do play games and use it for Instagram and texting etc. while I'm on my downtime from classes..

Seems I don't have much of a drain, I use it for a phone (weird I know) and have BT on while in the car. I do text and reply to messages both on FB and SMS / IM. Take a few photos here and there. Update and keep my calendar and schedule. Lowest I have been able to get it in one day with a lot of use is down to 79%. Normal day 8% to 10% drop.

RBooks370

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
My firist Iphone. Have had droids forever. I like it except i miss the flashing light ON THE FRONT of the phone so you know by looking that you have mail, message or other new item. I didn't have to open to phone to find out if I missed the notification sound. I understand that you can set the flash to blink, but only ever two minutes I believe and it is located on the back side of the phone which down when laying down.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Got iPhone 6 yesterday and came from Lumia 1020. So far the experience has been superior. Everything just works in this phone and OS. Only thing I do miss is low light shots without grainy shadows😉
Anyone know does Apple update the spotlight search in future to work fully in other countries too?

Sent from my shiny iPhone 6 silver 64Gb

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
After a little over 1 month with this phone, all I can say is wow. I literally can't imagine to going back to being without it. Everything just works. I don't experience any lag, battery life is great, the design of the phone is astounding, the screen is beautiful, and is overall just an amazing device.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
After a little over 1 month with this phone, all I can say is wow. I literally can't imagine to going back to being without it. Everything just works. I don't experience any lag, battery life is great, the design of the phone is astounding, the screen is beautiful, and is overall just an amazing device.

What kind of batter life are you getting? I'm at 28% right now with 5 1/4 hours of usage and 7 1/2 hours of stand by. This is the best I've gotten out of my 6 since I got it Wednesday.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
What kind of batter life are you getting? I'm at 28% right now with 5 1/4 hours of usage and 7 1/2 hours of stand by. This is the best I've gotten out of my 6 since I got it Wednesday.

I usually get to 30% with about 5-5 1/2 hours of usage. I'll post my usage later tonight after my day is over. :)